This month, the 10-day celebrity-studded, independent Sundance Film Festival (Jan 24-Feb 2) commences in Park City, Utah. A magical spot for movie fans and adventure lovers alike, below is our essential checklist for this winter cinematic playground featuring Francis Ford Coppola Winery wines. Meet Us At Sundance Plan Your Trip: Seven Insider Tips Feast and Sip And if you can’t make it…
• Visit us in the Festival Co-Op on Main Street! Make history by participating in our first Interactive User Generated Content video celebrating Francis’s upcoming 80th birthday! While there, warm up with a hot cup of coffee and enter to win a trip to one of our luxurious resorts.
• For intimate live music and sips, festival credential holders can drop by Sundance ASCAP Music Café serving pours from our Diamond Collection wines.
• For an exclusive taste of Coppola wines, Chase Sapphire Card holders are invited to the card’s Main Street lounge during special Happy Hour events.
1. Early Bird Catches The Worm: Like all good plans, figure out what movies you want to see and don’t forget the lesser-known titles. While the party set is sleeping, attend early morning premieres.
2. Skip the Car, Take the Free Shuttle: Avoid renting a car if you can. Opt for the fastest and most economical way aboard the free Sundance shuttle, which moves in between venues.
3. Function Before Style With Footwear:
Trust us on this one. Don’t worry too much about wearing your trendy. Bring quality boots that are warm, comfortable to walk in and have great traction in the ice and snow.
4. Book Your Restaurant Reservations Early: With over 125,000 people descending on the Festival, finding a table for lunch and dinner can be hard to come by, especially on Main Street in Park City. Prepare now and avoid having to wait in long lines when you’re hungry and cold. See below for some of our recommendations!
5. Make Time For Main Street:
Aside from the theaters, this is the best place to soak in the Sundance vibe. Celebrity sightings galore, great shops and just overall fun to walk around and people watch.
6. Allow for Sufficient Travel Time:
If you’re going to one of the theaters for a premiere, or even just trying to get to Main Street, allow yourself plenty of time to deal with the crowds. A drive that should take five minutes can easily be a half hour at certain times of the day. Also, pay attention to the theater listings – while most participating theatres are in Park City there are a few screenings at theatres in Salt Lake City and the Sundance Resort – both an hour drive away.
7. Don’t Forget To Hit the Slopes: Sure, you are here to see movies but remember, Park City has some of the best skiing and snowboarding around. For easy access, Park City Mountain Resort hosts a run ending in town, giving you access to slopes, screens and people-watching.
Looking for a glass of Coppola wine with your meal? Below, your best bets around town.
• At the base of Canyons Resort, Drafts Burger Bar hosts a lineup of pizzas and burgers like the ‘Italian Stallion’ with tomato bruschetta and basil pesto.
• Along Main Street, the airy, brick-exposed Riverhorse doles out hearty lobster pot pie and bone-in ribeye steaks – best enjoyed with a red varietal. And, don’t pass up the blueberry cobbler.
• At Hotel Park City, watch the skiers at Ruth’s Chris as you nosh on New Orleans-style barbequed shrimp and sizzling blue crab cakes.
• Find tasty pappardelle bolognese, homemade ravioli and arugula-anchovy pizza at the mainstay, Ghidotti’s.
• For a taste of the east coast, Maxwell’s includes Philly cheesecake sandwiches and thin-crust pizzas like the The Godfather, tossed with mozzarella, provolone, ricotta, goat cheese and sundried tomato and pairing well with a glass of Rosso.
• Other fantastic restaurants that will be carrying our wines include: Fuego, Grappa, Prime Steakhouse, Sushi Blue, Bangkok Thai, The Farm, Red Pine Lodge, and The Marketplace at Westgate Resort
This month, the 10-day celebrity-studded, independent Sundance Film Festival (Jan 24-Feb 2) commences in Park City, Utah. A magical spot for movie fans and adventure lovers alike, below is our essential checklist for this winter cinematic playground featuring Francis Ford Coppola Winery wines.
Meet Us At Sundance
Plan Your Trip: Seven Insider Tips
Feast and Sip
And if you can’t make it…