Tasting Room Associate - Seasonal
The primary functions of this position are to promote the sales of wine and non-wine merchandise, enhance Francis Ford Coppola Winery’s company image and provide exceptional customer service to the guests at our property.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales & Service (60%)
- Create a memorable experience for all guests who enter the property through a high standard of customer service.
- Manage high volume wine and merchandise transactions
- Build relationships guests to maximize the sale of wine, merchandise and winery tours and experiences.
- Provide guests with the background information on our wines, merchandise and the history of the Francis Ford Coppola Winery and associated businesses.
- Present to our guests the benefits of our Wine Family programs and contribute to the growth of the wine club.
- Create opportunities to sell other events, services and experiences offered on the property.
Daily Operations (20%)
- Ensure smooth daily operations; including effective and appropriate communication, successfully managing traffic flow throughout the day and overseeing that guests are being engaged and entertained
- Perform opening and closing duties
- Work as a team with other associates to reach daily and monthly sales targets
- Conduct various levels of tours. May include, but is not limited to, daily public tours, pre-arranged group and/or private tours, sit-down wine tastings or trade/VIP guest experiences. Tours will be based on company tour guide outline
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED required. One to two years of retail, customer service or tasting room experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Customer Service focused with a sincere desire to create a memorable guest experience
Strong sales background
Warm, personable demeanor
Flexible and a team player
Self-motivated and professional with the ability to multi-task
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Excellent communication skills
Highly organized, accurate and detail oriented
Wine knowledge and passion for wine
Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with clients, management, peers, and subordinates
Computer proficiency in Lotus Suite, basic database management, MS Office, (Word, Excel), Internet, RMS
Weekends, Holidays and some evenings required
Must be 21 years or older. TIPS certified or certified in first 30 days.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About The Family Coppola
The Family Coppola encompasses all of the things Francis loves most—cinema, wine, food, resorts and adventure—and embraces quality, authenticity and pleasure as a backbone to each of these vibrant business endeavors.
Our people are driven by the cultural values of respect, integrity, innovation, passion, teamwork, and embracing change. Our employees love working here for our sense of “family” community. We’ve been recognized as one of The Best Places to Work in the North Bay multiple years in a row.