Job Summary: Francis Ford Coppola Winery is a high-energy, professional workplace dedicated to offering outstanding customer service, while having fun along the way. We are looking for individuals who share our passion and commitment to creating an unforgettable and safe experience for our guests.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
60% Daily Operations:
Ensure and maintain safety, order and cleanliness in and around pool area and of all guests in and around pool area
Maintain an environment that is both safe and pleasant for pool patrons and surrounding guests
Ensure the deck and park areas of the pool are patrolled as required
Prevent accidents in and around the pool
Respond to guest needs, emergency or otherwise with care
Perform appropriate water rescues as needed
Provide first aid within the scope of care to all individuals on premises
Speak professionally and effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
Communicate and make team aware of guests who are at risk: weak swimmers, breaking rules or overly intoxicated, to Guest Risk Manager and Management Team as needed
Perform pool maintenance as needed
Enforce pool rules and facility regulations
Complete an incident investigation report if any incidents or rescues occur
Prepare the pool area for opening and closing as required
Ensure safe occupancy levels are maintained in the pool at all times
Attend in-service training sessions as well as any others deemed necessary by the company
Wear approved uniform and any necessary job-related safety equipment during assigned shift or anytime while on duty
Demonstrate ability to work independently
Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, guests and peers
Ability to make sound decisions that comply to company policies when dealing in adverse situations
Be firm, fair, consistent and courteous in order to gain the respect and cooperation of the guests
Maintain a positive attitude in order to fully cooperate with other guards in a team effort, and adhere to rules and regulations to ensure successful and safe operations
Must be skilled in the use and care of supplied equipment
40% Guest Service:
Greet guests promptly and warmly answering questions about the winery
Create a memorable experience for all guests who enter the property
Build relationships by engaging them in authentic, personable conversation
Be consistently professional in all of your communication; verbal, written and non-verbal
Ensure messaging is consistent and is in line with direction given by your manager
Respond to guest inquiries and concerns promptly and with courtesy
Keep up-to-date regarding local and company events, communicating information appropriately to customers
Assist with movement of deck furniture and event supplies if available
- Prior life-guarding experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to remain calm and rational in emergencies.
- Must be able to:
- Anticipate how and where incidents will occur
- Recognize incidents
- Think critically about the complications that might be present in real situations
- Act in a professional manner
- Protect your safety and well-being as well as the safety and well-being of guests.
- Able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Good people skills: outgoing, friendly, and patient.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Able to lift and drag up to 150 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach, stretch, and climb without any difficulty.
- Able to tread water without using hands or arms for a period of two-minutes.
- Works in tiring or uncomfortable positions for long periods of time.
- Lifeguarding and First Aid (ARC, YMCA or Ellis & Associates)
- CPR (American Red Cross or American Heart Association)
- First Aid for Public Safety Personnel (Title 22 or State Emergency Medical Technician)
- WSI (Water Safety Instructor) Desired
- 16 years of age or older (must have written consent and other requirements if under 18)
- TIPS Certification or Certified within 90 days of employment.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-F, Walk-F, Sit-F, Handling/Fingering-F, Reaching Outward-F, Reaching Above Shoulder-F Climb-C, Crawl-O, Squat or Kneel-F, Bend-F, Working at the Computer-O
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must work in environmental conditions that include, but not limited to:
- Wet and humid environments.
- Outdoor environmental conditions with up to 90% humidity and temperatures ranging from 40F to 120 F.
- Exposure to chemicals, fumes, dirt, caustic chemicals, acids, odors, waste, and dust
- Uniformed position – with bathing suit required.