We are currently looking for a strong sales professional who will be responsible for driving corporate and private event sales. The ideal candidate will display a passion for creating events and have a strong track record in closing sales and a solid background and understanding in event execution. This individual will need to be proactive, hardworking, self-starting with excellent communication and customer service skills, and display a high level of organizational and project management ability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary representative responsible to generate sales for the Trade and Hospitality Production department at the Francis Ford Coppola and Virginia Dare wineries.
- Accountable to meet monthly revenue goals, while maintaining strong profit margins.
- Responsible for handling all incoming event inquiries from concept, through event details, to closing the sale.
- Respond to all inquiries promptly – typically within 1 business day. (2 business days if the inquire falls on a weekend).
- Responsible to generate new corporate and private event business by identifying and pursuing sources of potential clients and business opportunities.
- Must also maintain existing relationships, nurture repeat clients, and cultivate long-term client relationships.
- Identify and pursue partnerships including destination management companies and other representatives in the food, wine, and hospitality businesses to further promote and leverage FFCW private events.
- Listen to the needs of the client and build events accordingly to exceed expectations.
- Build event proposals from start to finish, based on clients wishes and FFCW standards and pricing structure.
- Track all correspondence and event details in ReServe, our event management software.
- Communicate and partner with the Manager, Trade and Hospitality Production and/or Event Producers to assure proper execution of client’s events.
- Remain the primary point of contact for all event guests until such time that the event is passed on to an onsite Event Producer.
- In partnership with the event production team, identify opportunities to improve operations and the offering available at the properties.
- Create events with a focus at all times on exceptional guest experience with a high level of detail.
- Oversee quality and standards of each event, addressing issues as they arise to ensure each event is a reflection of the FFCW standards and guest expectations.
- Greet guests upon arrival for site visits and introduce the Manager, Trade and Hospitality Production and/or Event Producer associated with the visit.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal team members and departments (culinary, hospitality, visual, accounting, IT, Rustic, etc.).
- Work in tandem with the onsite production team to develop and actively manage vendor relationships to ensure the best available resources to manage event costs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have a strong sales background.
- 3-5 years of sales experience required.
- 3 years of selling events is preferable.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in event sales and/or other sales environments.
- Passionate about creating memorable events.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Professional and positive telephone manner and customer service skills.
- Excellent administration and organizational skills.
- Good, accurate written skills.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and Power).
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- TIPS certified or certification within 90 days of employment.
- CA Food Handlers Certification required prior to first event.