Bottling Line Mechanic
Job Summary: Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of skilled mechanic and electrical duties to install, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and modify bottling and facility production equipment.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Supervisors, Managers and Leads are fundamentally responsible for ensuring safety in their own departments and to uphold the following safety standards:
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward safety.
- Ensure work is performed in a safe manner and all safety rules, regulations and instructions are in compliance.
- Report and investigate workplace injuries in a timely manner; identifies ways to eliminate risk of reoccurrence; complete audits; conduct monthly safety meetings and trainings; maintain compliance with hazardous materials program; inform/train new employees on specific safety aspects and procedures with the department and location; participate in monthly management safety meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains bottling and canning equipment and associated infrastructure.
- Utilize technical skills to troubleshoot, adjust, and repair packaging machinery.
- Assist in the installation of new equipment.
- Interface with vendors to maintain support network.
- Provide support to production line staff to ensure efficient daily operational efficiencies are achieved.
- Responsible for bottling and canning line changeovers, adjustments, and synchronization.
- Assembles and installs mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment and systems, including production machinery, tooling, and conveyor systems.
- Performs preventive maintenance and tactical maintenance.
- Properly documents preventive maintenance tasks and assists in assuring maintenance schedules are maintained.
- Maintains a clean and tidy workspace.
- Assists in machine operation while primary operators take breaks and lunch.
- Conducts on-going assessment of safety and operational procedures.
- Ensures line up-time to meet bottling schedule.
- Maintains equipment to meet packaging standards and established guidelines.
- Completes work in a timely manner.
- Install/troubleshoot mechanical equipment which may include weekends and overtime.
- Follow safety and operational procedures.
- Complies with relevant OSHA regulatory requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by bottling manager.
- Cover shifts when needed.
- 3 years related experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prior experience with production line changeovers.
- Prior machine electrical Experience preferred.
- Prior experience on the operation and maintenance of pressure fillers highly desirable.
- Ability to read schematics.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities, workflow and time management.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to perform basic math.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-F, Walk-F, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-F, Reaching Outward-F, Reaching Above Shoulder-O
Climb-O, Crawl-O, Squat or Kneel-O, Bend-F, Working at the Computer-O
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (i.e. steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.