We are a premium winery located in the Alexander Valley approximately 6 miles north of Healdsburg. As a member of our team you will have the opportunity to be involved in various crush activities while working with a highly motivated and dynamic production team. The Harvest Weighmaster is responsible for weighing trucks and keeping on top of the required data and paperwork necessary for work orders and the winemaking process.
Successful candidates will be able to work flexible hours and overtime as needed through the harvest season (August – November). Good interpersonal skills and a friendly demeanor is a must for this position.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Weigh trucks holding wine, grapes and Juice
- Maintain and create accurate records and weigh tags
- Check shipping documents for grape or wine type and flag any discrepancies
- Check Bills of Lading for accuracy and origin
- Alert cellar personnel of incoming trucks and organizes accordingly
- Work with winemaking to plan grape truck delivery
- Collects supporting documents from incoming loads and enters appropriate information
- Ensures all paperwork is singed and filled out correctly by all truck drivers
- Records and updates database/spreadsheet for trucks
- Communicates with coworkers, truck drivers and all visitors in a professional manner to maintain the highest level of efficiency, quality in all operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Completion of work orders (20%)
- Understands how written work orders relate to actual wine movements
- Records before and after tank measurements accurately and converts measurements as needed
- Able to perform inventory tasks
- Understands the hazards of handling chemicals used in the cellar and the required PPE to handle them
- Recognizes safety hazards and brings them to the supervisor's attention immediately
Prior harvest experience is highly desired but not essential, we will train the right person. Successful candidates will be highly motivated, detail driven individuals who possess an aptitude to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, 10-key, Data Entry and Basic math skills
- Excellent communication skills and highly organized
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Reliability and punctuality is a must
- Must be able to work Monday-Saturday during harvest
- Understanding of Grape Varietals
Teamwork and Attitude
- Ability to work in harmony with others
- Demonstrate independence and initiative in work
- Demonstrate dependability and consistency
- Display a positive attitude and have good interpersonal skills
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand - F, Walk - F, Sit - F, Handling/Fingering - O, Reaching Outward- O, Reaching Above Shoulder - O, Climb - O, Crawl - N, Squat or Kneel - N, Bend - O, Working at the computer - F
10 lbs or Less, F
11 – 20 lbs, F
21 – 50 lbs, F
51 – 100 lbs, O
Over 100 lbs, N
12 lbs or Less, F
13 – 25 lbs, F
26 – 40 lbs, F
41 – 100 lbs, O
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/tractor sounds)
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Work Environment: Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as needed
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.