Job Summary: Francis Ford Coppola Winery seeks energetic and enthusiastic candidates for part-time and full-time positions within our Hospitality department. The primary functions of these positions are to promote the sales of wine and non-wine merchandise, enhance Francis Ford Coppola Winery’s company image and provide exceptional customer service.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
70% Sales and Service:
- Educate guests on the stories around our merchandise selection.
- Create a memorable experience for all guests who enter the property through a high standard of customer service.
- Manage high volume of transactions
- Build relationships with guests and suggestion sell, to maximize the sale of wine, merchandise, winery tours and experiences.
- Create opportunities to sell other events, services and experiences offered on the property.
- Present the benefits of our Wine Family programs to guests, contributing to the growth of the wine club and obtaining goals.
- Work as a team with other associates to reach daily and monthly sales targets.
- Ensure smooth daily operations; including effective and appropriate communication, successfully managing traffic flow throughout the day and overseeing that guests are being engaged and entertained.
- Process transactions and assist guests with purchases.
- Perform opening and closing duties.
- Follow all safety practices, trainings and proactively mitigate risks for both employees and guests.
- Assist with inventory counts
- Ensure stock levels are full and organized according to company direction.
- Responsible to fill stock levels nightly to prepare for the next day business.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization throughout retail areas.
- Communicate with merchandise and visual teams regarding inventory levels and sales strategies.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One to two years of retail, customer service or tasting room experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Customer Service focused with a sincere desire to create a memorable guest experience.
- Strong sales background.
- Warm, personable demeanor.
- Flexible and a team player.
- Self-motivated and professional with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with clients, management, peers, and subordinates.
- Computer proficiency in basic database management, Internet, RMS.
- Weekends, Holidays and evenings required.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- TIPS certified or certification within 90 days of employment.
- Food Handlers certification required.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-F, Walk-F, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-C, Reaching Outward-C, Reaching Above Shoulder-F, Climb-O, Crawl-N, Squat or Kneel-O, Bend-F, Working at the Computer-F
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.