Housekeeper - Seasonal
Job Summary: Francis Ford Coppola Winery is a high-energy, professional workplace dedicated to offering outstanding customer service, while having fun along the way. We are looking for individuals who share our passion and commitment to creating an unforgettable experience for our guests. As a valued member of the House Staff at Francis Ford Coppola Winery, you will ensure a clean and comfortable environment for guests.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
75% Daily Operations:
- Ensure the public and private areas of the winery are clean and well maintained.
- Perform daily Laundry and House Staff operations efficiently and safely.
- Lead by example.
- Communicate effectively with all members of House Staff, Laundry and Supervisors.
- Responsible to operate all laundry equipment and perform all duties; sorting, processing, cleaning, pressing, folding.
- Responsible to perform all housekeeping duties; sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal.
- Responsible to clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, pool cushions and shower curtains.
- Responsible to launder napkins, pool towels and staff uniforms.
- Responsible to perform all job duties safely.
- Responsible to maintain a safe working environment within the Laundry facilities and around the property.
- Keep storage, laundry rooms in clean and orderly condition.
- Prior experience of working in a hotel, laundry or housekeeping department is required.
- Must speak, read, write and comprehend English.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to effectively manage time and tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers verbally and in writing.
- Ability to make sound decisions that comply to company policies when dealing in adverse situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with work schedule and daily duties.
- Ability to maintain positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with clients, carriers, coworkers and management.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit
- The employee will occasionally need to move heavy equipment or stand on a ladder
- The employee must frequently lift, move, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-C, Walk-C, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-C, Reaching Outward-C, Reaching Above Shoulder-F Climb-O, Crawl-O, Squat or Kneel-F, Bend-F, Working at the Computer-O
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About The Family Coppola
The Family Coppola encompasses all of the things Francis loves most—cinema, wine, food, resorts and adventure—and embraces quality, authenticity and pleasure as a backbone to each of these vibrant business endeavors.
Our people are driven by the cultural values of respect, integrity, innovation, passion, teamwork, and embracing change. Our employees love working here for our sense of “family” community. We’ve been recognized as one of The Best Places to Work in the North Bay multiple years in a row.