On-Call Events Server
Job Summary: As an On-Call Server at Francis Ford Coppola Winery, you will be a part of a dynamic team that executes private, internal and park events, ranging from intimate wine and appetizer receptions to larger hospitality park functions. We aim to provide excellent food and beverage service to all guests. We strive to maintain a clean, friendly environment for employees and guests to enjoy.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set-up and break down events, including movement of banquet tables, chairs, umbrellas and event equipment to several different event locations across property.
- Greet guests warmly and serve guests with a high level of attentiveness. Strives to exceed goals and expectations.
- Provide exemplary guest experience through proper service etiquette and anticipating the needs of our guests.
- Ability to learn and confidently communicate knowledge regarding the event menu and wine to guests.
- Work well in an active and fast-paced environment.
- Multi-task to complete all event preparation in a timely, accurate manner.
- Pro-active and persistent in completing existing tasks and pursuing new assignments.
- Clear communication and cooperation in teamwork, while maintaining the company’s standard for excellence.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks, such as doing dishes, sweeping, mopping, as needed or directed by Event Producer to maintain a clean work environment and uphold all Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ensure compliance with all departmental and company policies and procedures.
- Perform any other related duties as may be required.
- May be asked to be a “team lead” for specific duties or projects during the course of an event.
- High school diploma or general education degree or six months of prior experience and/or training.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to clearly communicate in English.
- Knowledge of food and wine helpful.
- Comparable banquet service background and experience.
- TIPS certified or certification within 90 days of employment.
- CA Food Handlers Certification required prior to first day of employment.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-C, Walk-C, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-F, Reaching Outward-F, Reaching Above Shoulder-O
Climb-O, Crawl-N, Squat or Kneel-O, Bend-O, Working at the Computer-N
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
About The Family Coppola
The Family Coppola encompasses all of the things Francis loves most—cinema, wine, food, resorts and adventure—and embraces quality, authenticity and pleasure as a backbone to each of these vibrant business endeavors.
Our people are driven by the cultural values of respect, integrity, innovation, passion, teamwork, and embracing change. Our employees love working here for our sense of “family” community. We’ve been recognized as one of The Best Places to Work in the North Bay multiple years in a row.