Job Summary: Francis Ford Coppola Winery seeks energetic and enthusiastic candidate for full time position within our Hospitality department. The primary function of this position is to provide leadership to the House Staff Team, exceptional customer service to guests on the property, enhance the Francis Ford Coppola Winery company images, and maintain the cleanliness and uniform standards of the Hospitality departments. Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
This position will be responsible for housekeeping operations at the Francis Ford Coppola Winery, Francis Ford Coppola Winery Too!/Virginia Dare West and Virginia Dare East campuses. In addition, at times, this manager will be requested to consult on projects or with individuals for The Family Coppola and Inglenook Companies.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
The Manager for the House staff is responsible for ensuring safety in their own departments and to uphold the following safety standards:
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward safety.
- Ensure work is performed in a safe manner and all safety rules, regulations and instructions are in compliance.
- Report and investigate workplace injuries in a timely manner; identifies ways to eliminate risk of reoccurrence; complete audits; conduct monthly safety meetings and trainings; maintain compliance with hazardous materials program; inform/train new employees on specific safety aspects and procedures with the department and location; participate in monthly management safety meetings
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently oversees the day-to-day operations of the House Staff department. The department hours are 7 days/week, with multiple shifts, covering 12-15 hours/day.
- Motivate team by consistently recognizing their skills and contributions. Lead by example.
- When hiring, focus on developing and hiring talented individuals with solid potential for success.
- Drive company focus, lead a positive culture, and foster an environment of trust and respect.
- Lead and coach customer service expectations.
- Address performance challenges immediately with the staff and your supervisor. Compile documentation of incidents and action taken.
- Maintain a partnership with POps team, with consistent communication of opportunities and challenges within the teams.
- Communicate expectations and hold staff accountable for their actions and responsibilities.
- Write and deliver annual performance evaluations for staff.
- Maintain a consistent level of professionalism in all communication; verbal, written and non-verbal.
- Ensure policies and directives are in line with direction given by your manager.
- Consistently communicate ideas and questions to your manager.
- Manage department schedule, payroll, and staff according to budget and company guidelines.
- Manage expenses, contracts, vendors, and purchases to budget.
- Suggest innovative ideas for improvements, with goal of streamlining operations and/or decreasing expenses.
- Maintain communications across all departments and personnel, to create a seamless guest experience, team morale, and operations.
- Promote a safe working environment with proactive actions to avoid injuries or near misses.
- Monitor the condition of all housekeeping, laundry and wardrobe equipment for proper maintenance, cleaning, and repair.
- Communicate maintenance or repair issues across property, as observed.
- Independently manage all vendor relationships for Housekeeping. Conduct negotiations for best pricing and supply, assuring consistent inventory for multiple properties of supplies, equipment, and uniforms.
- Maintain proper records and control inventory of supplies for multiple properties. Included, but not limited to, paper and hygiene products, housekeeping cleaning supplies and equipment, uniforms, PPE, restaurant and poolside napkins and towels and all linens, rags and other essential supplies for the department.
- Independently source new vendors, supplies and equipment opportunities. Procure and purchase new products and equipment, with goal of improvement in quality, streamlining of operations, improvement in safety and/or reduction of expenses.
- Manage the budget, expenses, payroll and financial oversite for Housekeeping department.
- Work with other department managers on supply and uniform sourcing and invoicing, as it impacts their budget.
- Manage team to maintain clean and orderly condition of Hospitality back of house operations.
- Train and provide direct communication and coaching for performance feedback, to ensure maximum efficiency in the department.
- Streamline housekeeping tasks, projects and goals for efficiency, safety, clear communication of expectations, and strategic use of payroll.
- Assist with housekeeping (house staff) as needed to assure completion of daily duties and to assist and motivate staff.
- Communicate with company visual department and wardrobe consultant as needed were the House Staff operation impacts the visual presentation and uniform standards of the company.
Supervisory Responsibilities: 12-25 Housekeeping staff, including variable, part-time and full-time.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Prior experience of working in a hotel, laundry or housekeeping department is required.
- Must speak, read, write and comprehend English.
- Must be able to speak and comprehend Spanish.
- Ability to read and write in Spanish a plus.
- Must be able to utilize Microsoft Office, primarily Word and Excel.
- Must be able to research utilizing the internet, consistently work in email as a primary form of communication, and work within vendor systems for ordering.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Warm, personable demeanor.
- Flexible and a team player.
- Highly organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Customer Service focused with a sincere desire to create a memorable guest experience.
- Self-motivated and professional with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Weekends, Holidays, and some evenings required.
- Ability to read, interpret and teach documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects under tight time constraints.
- Ability to maintain positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with clients, carriers, coworkers and management.
- Must be 21 years or older.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-C, Walk-F, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-C, Reaching Outward-C, Reaching Above Shoulder-F Climb-O, Crawl-N, Squat or Kneel-O, Bend-F, Working at the Computer-F
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The ability to move heavy equipment or stand on a ladder
The employee must frequently lift, move, push or pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
About The Family Coppola
The Family Coppola encompasses all of the things Francis loves most—cinema, wine, food, resorts and adventure—and embraces quality, authenticity and pleasure as a backbone to each of these vibrant business endeavors.
Our people are driven by the cultural values of respect, integrity, innovation, passion, teamwork, and embracing change. Our employees love working here for our sense of “family” community. We’ve been recognized as one of The Best Places to Work in the North Bay multiple years in a row.