- Providing exceptional service to our guests dining in Rustic at Francis Coppola Winery
- To warmly welcome guests to the Rustic Restaurant at Francis Coppola Winery.
- To manage reservations, incoming phone calls and communicate all information effectively to entire Food and Beverage Team
- To thank guests for dining with us in Rustic and welcoming them back for future reservations
- To uphold professional standards of excellence and set an example to all other employees at all times.
- To ensure guest satisfaction and profitability is maximized.
- To set an example to all other employees at all times.
- To be able to work well under pressure, multi task and to complete all assigned tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Acting as a service ambassador to the winery, building relationships and generating repeat business.
- To maintain a clean work environment and uphold all Health and Safety Regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check in with the Manager / Supervisor at the start of each shift
- Be able to operate Open Table software with confidence and manage restaurant flow.
- Answer phones in 3 rings or less
- Anticipate business levels for each shift
- Return all messages and confirm upcoming reservations
- Always have higher expectations for service levels
- Promote the Restaurant and offerings upon seating the guests
- Building relationships with the guests as they dine in Rustic
- Communicate all guest information to servers prior to server greeting them at the table
- Communicate all messages regarding managers directly to managers in a timely, accurate manner.
- Attend line ups and be aware of other promotions and events that are going on at the Winery
- Be confident in taking the lead in any guest issues that may arise during your shift and communicate these to your manager / supervisor immediately.
- Set the example of excellence in standards to other staff at all times
- Keep all areas clean and tidy – re Health and Safety Standards
- Report all issues to the Manager / Supervisor
- New products are researched that will maximize guest satisfaction when at the winery
- Dressed appropriately for their shift in accordance to our Uniform Standards
- Have the required tools to do their job for that day, such as pad of paper,pen etc.
- The Restaurant Operation is ready appropriate for the business levels of that day 10 minutes prior to opening
- Check in with the Manager / Supervisor at the end of your shift
- Completed paperwork correctly after the end of every shift
- Ensure that all duties are carried out before the end of shift
- Ensure that the Department areas are left clean and presentable at the end of each shift.
- Know what Rustic Parties are happening in the coming month and know the required service for each event
- Communicate all essential operation information to your service personnel
- Lunch Breaks are conformed to according to company guidelines
- Assist fellow team members out with additional job duties as business dictates and is required.
- Always be looking at ways to improve service, streamline the efficiency and maximize revenue possibilities every day
Education/Experience: Minimum 6 months Host experience. High School diploma or GED (General Education Diploma), Fluent in English.
Skills: Excellent Communication Skills, Ability to work in high paced work environment, Ability to Multi Task, Ability to focus for an entire shift, trouble shooting and prioritizing skills.
Knowledge: Restaurant host / service background and experience.
Physical: Ability to stand and operate equipment in excess of seven (7) hours a day. Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Other: Required to be a certified safe food handler.
Must be able to work weekends and holidays
Shift requirements: Open
The above information is representative of the work performed in this position, however it is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar or related to the essential duties and responsibilities.
All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or Human Resources.