We are looking for a certified Lifeguard to join us this season at our one of kind pool.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Daily Operations (60%):
- Ensure and maintain safety, order and cleanliness in and around pool area and of all guests in and around pool area
- Maintain an environment that is both safe and pleasant for pool patrons and surrounding guests
- Ensure the deck and park areas of the pool are patrolled as required
- Prevent accidents in and around the pool
- Respond to guest needs, emergency or otherwise with care
- Perform appropriate water rescues as needed
- Provide first aid within the scope of care to all individuals on premises
- Speak professionally and effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Communicate and make team aware of guests who are at risk: weak swimmers, breaking rules or overly intoxicated, to Guest Risk Manager and Management Team as needed
- Wear approved uniform and any necessary job-related safety equipment during assigned shift or anytime while on duty
- Demonstrate ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, guests and peers
- Ability to make sound decisions that comply to company policies when dealing in adverse situations
- Be firm, fair, consistent and courteous in order to gain the respect and cooperation of the guests
- Maintain a positive attitude in order to fully cooperate with other guards in a team effort, and adhere to rules and regulations to ensure successful and safe operations
- Must be skilled in the use and care of supplied equipment
- Perform pool maintenance as needed
- Enforce pool rules and facility regulations
- Complete an incident investigation report if any incidents or rescues occur
- Prepare the pool area for opening and closing as required
- Ensure safe occupancy levels are maintained in the pool at all times
- Attend in-service training sessions as well as any others deemed necessary by the company
Guest Service (40%)
- Greet guests promptly and warmly answering questions about the winery
- Create a memorable experience for all guests who enter the property
- Build relationships by engaging them in authentic, personable conversation
- Respond to guest inquiries and concerns promptly and with courtesy
- Keep up-to-date regarding local and company events, communicating information appropriately to customers
- Assist with movement of deck furniture and event supplies if available
- Be consistently professional in all of your communication; verbal, written and non-verbal
- Ensure messaging is consistent and is in line with direction given by your manager
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSE REQUIRMENTS
Lifeguarding and First Aid(ARC, YMCA or Ellis & Associates)
CPR (American Red Cross or American Heart Association)
First Aid for Public Safety Personnel (Title 22 or State Emergency Medical Technician)
WSI (Water Safety Instructor) Desired
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Must be able to remain calm and rational in emergencies.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Good people skills: outgoing, friendly, and patient.
- 16 years of age or older (must have written consent and other requirements if under 18)
- Must work in environmental conditions that include, but not limited to:
- Wet and humid environments.
- Outdoor environmental conditions with up to 90% humidity and temperatures ranging from 40F to 120 F.
- Exposure to chemicals, fumes, dirt, caustic chemicals, acids, odors, waste, and dust
- Uniformed position – with bathing suit required.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Able to lift and drag up to 150 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, reach, stretch, and climb without any difficulty.
- Able to tread water without using hands or arms for a period of two-minutes.
- Works in tiring or uncomfortable positions for long periods of time.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C(Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand-F , Walk-F , Sit-F, Handling/Fingering-F, Reaching Outward-F,
Reaching Above Shoulder-F, Climb-C, Crawl-O, Squat or Kneel-F, Bend-F, Working at the computer-O
10 lbs or Less-F
11 – 20 lbs-F
21 – 50 lbs-F
51 – 100 lbs-C
Over 100 lbs-O
12 lbs or Less-F
13 – 25 lbs-F
26 – 40 lbs-O
41 – 100 lbs-O
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/tractor sounds)
Sense of Touch
The above information is representative of the work performed in this position, however it is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar or related to the essential duties and responsibilities.
All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or Human Resources.