The Creative Project Coordinator is the operational backbone of creative team. Reporting to the Managing Designer and located at our Rutherford (Inglenook) property, this position will serve as the liaison for all creative requests and workflow, team scheduling, vendor and supplier relationships, asset and inventory management and archiving.
The Creative Project Coordinator will not only play an integral role in the creative production process, but also work with relevant teams across the Coppola companies including Marketing, production and purchasing. This role requires a hybrid of skills: project management, print/purchase order/production coordination, the ability to align stakeholders across departments and organizations, and with the flexibility and energy to thrive in a highly innovative environment.
This role assigns and processes creative requests, working closely with designers and requestors. This role assigns projects to internal designers and/or off-site designer(s) when needed, shepherding projects to completion. Projects include design for wine and spirits packaging, print advertisements, digital, events, marketing campaigns, merchandise, menus, invitations and more.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the Injury and Illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Team members are fundamentally responsible for ensuring safety in their own departments and to uphold the following safety standards:
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward safety.
- Ensure work is performed in a safe manner and all safety rules, regulations and instructions comply.
- Report and investigate workplace injuries in a timely manner; identifies ways to eliminate risk of reoccurrence; complete audits; conduct monthly safety meetings and trainings; maintain compliance with hazardous materials program; inform/train new employees on specific safety aspects and procedures with the department and location; participate in monthly management safety meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
70% Project & Campaign Coordination:
- Maintain existing workflow process for receiving, tracking, and coordinating creative requests (from internal requestors) that meets both Creative Team and stakeholder needs.
- Coordinate and support all design resourcing for the strategic marketing team; including assigning projects to internal/external designers, coordinating project timelines, scheduling project reviews, gathering feedback from stakeholders, and more.
- Assess projects and resource requirements
- Work with Managing Designer, Designers, and trade and consumer marketing to scope small and complex large-scale projects ranging from small printed collateral to large budget multi-platform campaigns.
(Marketing campaign elements can include: leaderboards, mobile banners, billboards, etc.)
- Work with the Creative Team to regularly triage incoming creative requests; work closely with Managing Designer, and Marketing to assess projects requiring temporary external support.
- Work with Managing Designer to manage projects with freelance talent for overflow projects, ensuring on-budget and timely delivery.
- Scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings (e.g. owning the agenda, capturing notes, and following up on key deliverables for kickoffs, internal reviews, etc.).
- Proactively identify, communicate, and collaborate with project stakeholders to resolve issues that put project timeliness, quality, or costs at risk.
- Proactively communicate as necessary with department heads to clarify prioritization of conflicting project deadlines from individual team members.
- Responsible for communicating status and ensuring timely delivery of requested creative assets to media agency partners, including digital and video content.
- Work with designers, vendors, and Marketing to develop, revise, and approve prototypes of custom items before final production.
- Schedule and track delivery of project to final destination.
- Develops, maintains, reviews and/or disseminates all project documentation including status reports, project schedules, budgets, and post mortem reviews
- Follow production, productivity, quality, cost, and customer-service standards.
30% Procurement & Purchasing:
- As necessary, provide guidance for purchases to remain progressive and competitive within our industry.
- Negotiate competitive bids to receive the best price available within budgets given.
- Manage vendor performance. Work closely with all vendors ensuring standards are met in regards to customer service, pricing, quality of final produced assets, and timely delivery to final destination.
- Finalize purchasing according to company guidelines. Route contracts and/or vendor terms and conditions through legal team r
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- 5+ years of Resource Coordination in an integrated agency/company, with at least 2 years specific to Creative Resource Project Coordination
- Experience working closely with senior-level Creative Directors and Designers
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint, and basic knowledge of HTML/JS
- A successful track record of excellent customer service in creative project coordination, including a high degree of responsiveness, strong communication skills in person and via email, and an ability to solve problems quickly and creatively
- Proven track record of execution in a demanding creative environment, with measurable improvements over time, while maintaining a positive, collaborative, team-oriented approach to all projects
- Project coordination/management experience in a marketing or advertising environment, digital experience a must
- Experience providing production support throughout 360 degree marketing campaigns (campaign elements can include: leaderboards, mobile banners, billboards, etc.)
- Personal experience with hands-on visual design
- Printing knowledge or experience required, including Litho, Flexo, HD Flexo, digital, large format, promotional and specialty
- Social media experience including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and emerging apps, and their integration with marketing campaigns
- Experience cultivating freelance talent for overflow and managing those outside resources to stay on task and on budget
- Design and digital experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with Filemaker or similar program strongly preferred. (i.e. Workfront)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Acrobat is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Open Office, including strong presentation creation skills
- Working knowledge of video and digital specifications.
- In-depth understanding of and appreciation for quality creative work in marketing and advertising
- Appreciation and understanding of social media; designing for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and E-mail marketing, with A/B testing fluency and adoption
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Managing Designer and all Family Coppola Teams (including, but not limited to, Creative, Marketing, Web, Social Media, Wholesale, and Direct to Consumer), external vendors, and external agencies.
- Must be a detail-oriented driver who passionately leads the execution of a design and delivery process within our innovative culture.
- Must be a problem solver, quick to offer solutions, and possess a broad set of skills to support multi-platform initiatives.
- Understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage multiple project coordinators, leads and/or managers at one time
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to switch between disciplines at a moment’s notice
- An appreciation for product photography, GIF animation and Video directing, short form for YouTube
- Experience with promotions and event marketing, including co-branded partnerships
- Experience with redemption programs a plus
- This position is based 5 days/week in Rutherford office with occasional travel required to Geyserville.
- This position is best suited to a collaborative, team-oriented professional with a positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude who communicates easily with designers and marketing team members
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-C, Walk-C, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-F, Reaching Outward-F, Reaching Above Shoulder-F, Climb-O, Crawl-O, Squat or Kneel-O, Bend-F, Working at the Computer-O
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.