Job Summary: This role will produce digital and print communications including email marketing, website content, fact sheets, advertising, and printed collateral for The Family Coppola Direct to Consumer channels (includes Tasting Room, eCommerce, Wine Family, Events, and Restaurants). Write copy for all direct-to-consumer communications and additional marketing programs upon request. Coordinate assigned direct-to-consumer communication projects and promotions. Support DTC Marketing and Analytics Manager with reporting assignments.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Direct-to-Consumer Marketing Communications (60%)
- Write copy for all direct-to-consumer email communications.
- Write copy for all direct-to-consumer programs and announcements posted on The Family Coppola websites and coordinate posting of approved copy and images with Web Department.
- Write copy for all wine fact sheets and coordinate fact sheet project requests with the Art Department.
- Writes copy for additional assigned DTC communications projects including print ads, direct mailers, and assigned collateral.
- Executes approved programs between advertisers and The Family Coppola (including all print media advertisements, third party sales, trade partnerships, and digital advertising).
- Coordinate New Project Requests with Art Department on assigned communications projects.
- Create and submit Purchase Orders approval requests for assigned communications projects.
Email & Web Marketing (20%)
- Execute approved direct-to-consumer email marketing programs for all Family Coppola businesses.
- Write copy for each campaign and requests necessary images from Web and Art Departments.
- Reviews and submits test email to supervisor for final approval. Responsible for successful execution of email campaigns (quality, accuracy, revenue return, and reporting).
- Creates assigned database segments used to drive engaging, targeted email campaigns.
- Reviews and reports on campaign metrics (open, click through, bounce, and unsubscribe rates) and ensures campaigns meet conversion requirements.
- Provides support to DTC Marketing and Analytics Manager with data and reporting assignments.
- Two years of copywriting and email marketing experience (wine industry preferred).
- Samples of copywriting experience may be requested.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, Internet, basic knowledge in HTML and email marketing software.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-O, Walk-O, Sit-F, Handling/Fingering-O, Reaching Outward-O, Reaching Above Shoulder-O, Climb-N, Crawl-N, Squat or Kneel-O, Bend-O, Working at the Computer-F
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office setting with frequent visits to the Tasting Room/Retail as needed to support operations, guests, staff and managers.