Director, Distinctive Wine Services
The position is responsible for managing all Distinctive Label business in domestic markets. The Director will also be the Account Executive for selected national accounts for the entire The Family Coppola (TFC) portfolio.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Distinctive Label (DL) Management (50%)
- Work with your manager to identify, target, and quantify new independent, regional and national on-/off-premise distinctive/private label accounts.
- Own the DL sales process and distributor execution (when applicable) for assigned accounts.
- Achieve point of distribution and case goal objectives annually for assigned accounts.
- Achieve annual distinctive label shipment and profitability goals for assigned accounts.
- Work with National and Regional Account Team to expand FCW DL account base to achieve annual goals.
- Work with production to identify bulk wine availability for existing and new business
- Responsible for relationships with assigned private label accounts and distributors. Providing clear goals and keeping management on track.
- Proactive communication with VP National Accounts for business development opportunities
- Constant evaluation of existing DL volume minimums and SKU rational accordingly
- Maintain approved inventory levels for Distinctive Label customers.
- Improves distribution and sales rate of our control label wine products by executing focused sales strategies.
- Conduct planning and review meetings with Distinctive Label accounts as needed.
- Track sales leads and concepts presented to all customers.
Trade Development (40%)
- Achieve annual sales goals by chain.
- Develop AOP for all Chains to be reviewed and approved by VP of National Accounts before presenting to distributor manager and accounts. Work with Distributor Chain Managers in execution of AOP goals and follow up monthly.
- Develop/Suggest National Account Trade Development sales collateral as needed to support programs.
- Develop and manage all display tracking systems and communicate results to VP of National Accounts
- Maintain retail pricing integrity with all brands in all chains.
- Keep all bill-backs up to date with all distributors for chain accounts.
- Manage POS levels and approved use by account
- Conduct top to top business reviews with top chains annually and include executive management from FFC and from the local distributor. Updates on chain support from the HQ level communicated to the VP of National Accounts on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate/support special events (wine tastings, hand-sells, etc.); conduct educational seminars for trade, distributor (dinners/events)
Administration, Planning & Follow-up (10%)
- Maintain forecast of case goals by sku/ brand and account.
- Communicate and organize national chain authorizations, pricing and promotions in conjunction with district and regional managers.
- Responsible for finalizing proposals for chain pricing and promotions using guidelines developed by the Executive Management team, Local Regional personnel and National priorities.
- Promotes positive relationships across the winery sales organization.
- Assist with annual business plans and operating budgets.
- Provide monthly written market and industry updates.
- Research and develop top account list based on assigned accounts; including volumes, contact information, call status, and other pertinent information
- Participate in formal account business reviews as directed.
- Regularly analyze sales to seek opportunities or develop solutions.
- Confers with management and sales personnel to formulate plans for meeting competition and improving sales.
- Responsible for keeping up-to-date with any and all regulatory agencies and adhering to established policies and procedures regarding the handling and service of alcoholic beverages
- Responsible for keeping up to date with Reciprocal shipping laws and adhering to established policies regarding the shipment of wine
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S. or equivalent from four-year college or technical school; or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum five years’ experience in the wine industry, national account references and contacts are required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product (sell), service (execute), or idea (create)
- Able to sustain a fast work pace, meet deadlines, and tolerate frequent interruptions and changes in routine.
- ACNielsen and DIVER competency and financial analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and promptly in each form (live, phone, email, business correspondence, etc.)
- Ability to analyze and comprehend forms and documents (i.e. financial statements, budgets, presentations, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and use of computer programs (MS Office, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Internet)
- Wine knowledge; formal training/certification preferred
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, analytical, reconciliation and prioritization abilities/skills.
- Able to travel by car and airplane as needed and work some evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Able to lift and carry 45lbs.
- Able to speak, read and write English.
- Requires independent problem solving and the ability to work with others on a constant basis.
- Strong management, Team Building and leadership skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and frequent deadlines.
- History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
10 lbs or Less
11 – 20 lbs
21 – 50 lbs
51 – 100 lbs
Reaching Above Shoulder
Over 100 lbs
12 lbs or Less
Squat or Kneel
13 – 25 lbs
26 – 40 lbs
Working at the computer
41 – 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/tractor sounds)
Sense of Touch
Work Environment: Office and travel by car/plane
Other: Ability to travel frequently and must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the company’s insurance carrier.