Full Time Line Cook - San Francisco
Food Preparation: (50%)
- Set up work station with proper tools and equipment and supplies according to kitchen standards.
- Check production schedule and daily parts. Ensure that daily production is organized, prioritized and on track.
- Be knowledgeable of safe food handling and preparation procedures
- Adhere to all Health and Safety code standards
- As food is prepared label and date food containers
- Understand how to use, operate and care for kitchen equipment
- Knife skills and cooking terms essential
- Prepare food according to recipe and restaurant specifications in a timely and efficient manner
- Follow direction from supervisor to manage all aspects of your station
- Set up station according to menu needs and be set for service time
- Perform correct cooking techniques
- Maintain portion control
- Bring any problems or shortages to your supervisor’s attention.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area at all times. Observe good sanitation practices and safety procedures. Wear gloves when possible.
- Duties may include unpacking and stocking kitchen deliveries, as well as assigned cleaning duties
- Inform management of any items/supplied needed for the day’s tasks as necessary
- Rotate food items as necessary
- Dress appropriately in uniform for shifts
Kitchen Maintenance: (50%)
- Inspect the cleanliness and working conditions of all tools, equipment and supplies.
- Maintain knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment
- Maintain proper storage of all products as specified by health and sanitation codes
- Return all food items in clean containers to proper storage areas
- Clean food prep areas and work stations, walk-in and shelves, it includes floors and mats after service
- Turn off all equipment
- Transport dirty pots, pans to dishwashing station; place dirty dishes and utensils in dishwasher as needed, unload dishwasher when done
- Restock any dry goods, fresh products, cooking wines that you used in production in the appropriate areas as needed
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma). Minimum six (6) months cooking experience. Experience in Italian style food preparation preferred. Understand how to use, operate and care for kitchen equipment. Knife skills and cooking terms essential.
Good knowledge of hot and cold food preparation; seasonings, vinaigrettes, pizza, soups, sauces, stocks, vegetable preparations, meat and fish cookery.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and clearly communicate in English.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Resilient - Ability to recover from, or adjust to, misfortune or setbacks.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Ability to work under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines as they pertain to delivering a quality food product.
- Able to compute basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to prioritize, organize, delegate work and follow through on assignments.