Assistant Manager, Tasting Room
Voted one of the Best Places to Work in the North Bay multiple years in a row!
Here is your opportunity to join our growing team! Francis Ford Coppola Winery is looking for creative, dynamic, guest experience-oriented team members, who share our passion and commitment to create an unforgettable experience!
Incredible benefits include –
- Great wine club and sales incentives
- Discounts on wine, merchandise and tastings for you and your family
- Discounts at our restaurants in Geyserville and San Francisco
- Discounts on our resort style pool
- Creative and Wellness reimbursements
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k
Check out more details below!
About The Family Coppola
The Family Coppola encompasses all of the things Francis loves most—cinema, wine, food, resorts and adventure—and embraces quality, authenticity and pleasure as a backbone to each of these vibrant business endeavors.
Our people are driven by the cultural values of respect, integrity, innovation, passion, teamwork, and embracing change. Our employees love working here for our sense of “family” community.
The Tasting Room Assistant Manager position will lead a dynamic team in our high-volume tasting room and guest reception area. The Assistant Manager will be expected to promote the sales of wine and non-wine merchandise at Francis Ford Coppola Winery and Francis Ford Coppola Winery Too!, enhance the Company image, provide exceptional customer service and be available to work weekends and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Motivate and lead the team by example.
- Drive company focus, manage culture, encourage a strong work ethic and foster an environment of trust and respect.
- Solve problems to restore and promote good public relations and a positive work environment.
- Communicate and support company policies and decisions in a positive manner.
- Address performance issues immediately with the staff and your manager.
- Compile documentation of incidents and action taken.
- Assist with writing and delivering annual performance evaluations for Tasting Room staff.
- Ensure you are consistent in communicating with the team on the floor, your peers and your manager.
- Maintain a consistent level of professionalism in all your communication; verbal, written and non-verbal.
- Ensure policies and directives are in line with direction given by your manager.
- Consistently communicate ideas and questions to your manager.
40% Sales & Service:
- Greet guests promptly and warmly.
- Build relationships with guests at the bar, in the retail area and at guest services, driving traffic to both properties.
- Provide an exceptional guest experience that is thorough and genuine.
- Answer inquiries, offer suggestions and provide information regarding our property, special events and local attractions.
- Educate guests on our wine and merchandise.
- Serve wine to guest in accordance with company policy and ABC regulation.
- Promote our wine and non-wine retail merchandise for sale.
- Work as a team to reach set daily and monthly sales targets.
- Promote club memberships and property features to guests.
- Collect contact information from guests.
- Maintain and keep retail and bar areas clean and tidy according to established standards and policies.
- Maintain and keep accurate inventories.
- Assist with off-site pouring’s as requested.
20% Daily Operations:
- Open and close the Tasting Bar.
- Share the responsibility to facilitate the morning staff meetings.
- Ensure that each shift is running smoothly.
- Acts as staff resource for facts and information on general company and wine knowledge; Francis Ford Coppola Winery wines and Sonoma County winemaking history.
- Suggest and oversee improvements to existing tasting room operational processes and procedures.
- Responsible for accurately processing transactions on register system of wine and non-wine retail products, wrapping of merchandise, processing forms for shipment of wine and non-wine retail products.
- Responsible to perform routine maintenance of the sales floor and outside areas throughout shift.
- Oversee and maintain the visual presentation of merchandise by working with visual department.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Wine knowledge and passion for wine.
- Strong sales background.
- Warm, personable demeanor.
- Flexible and a team player.
- Customer Service focused with a sincere desire to create a memorable guest experience.
- Self-motivated and professional with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with clients, management, peers, and subordinates.
- Weekends, Holidays and some evenings required.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- TIPS certified or certification within 90 days of employment.
- CA Food Handlers certification required.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-C, Walk-F, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-C, Reaching Outward-C, Reaching Above Shoulder-F, Climb-O, Crawl-N, Squat or Kneel-O, Bend-F, Working at the Computer-F
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.