Francis Ford Coppola Winery is hiring a Trade Host. Come work at the Wine Wonderland! We are seeking individuals who share our passion and commitment to creating an unforgettable experience for our guests.
We offer competitive pay, great benefits, discounts on wineries, restaurants and more!
As the Trade Host you will enhance The Family Coppola company image and provide exceptional customer service, the best representation of our brand, while hosting all internal trade guests, VIP’s, and media guests at both Francis Ford Coppola and Virginia Dare Wineries.
In this role you will perform the following:
- Conduct private extraordinary experiences, tours and tastings, and seated wine tastings for all internal trade guests, VIP’s, and media guests at both Francis Ford Coppola and Virginia Dare Wineries.
- Charge all wines from the experience, the experience and gifts to the proper sales account.
- Ensure smooth communication so guest’s itinerary at both properties is executed as planned; including effective and appropriate communication with the Guest Services department, Events department and Rustic.
- Works closely with management to ensure all trade visits and events at both Francis Ford Coppola and Virginia Dare Wineries are in line with the standards established by each department and reinforces the Coppola brand messaging.
- Ensure company and the Family Coppola culture flows through all trade experiences.
- Updates Manager on the progress of the trade experiences and makes recommendations to enhance and improve the tours based on guest solicitations and requests.
- Educate guests on wine, wine making techniques, our production facility, bottling lines, movie memorabilia, property history, culinary garden and restaurants at both wineries.
- Answer inquiries, offer suggestions and provide information regarding our property and special events.
- Respond to guest inquiries and concerns promptly and with courtesy.
- Communicates product knowledge, new release information, specifications of older vintages, etc.
- Answers questions of group related to both wineries, wines and general wine industry information.
- Build relationships with all of our trade guests visiting at both Francis Ford Coppola and Virginia Dare Wineries from start to finish.
- Ensure messaging is consistent and is in line with direction given by your manager.
- Responsible for assisting in the set-up, tear down and cleaning of all tour and tasting locations where needed.
- Assumes responsibility for safety of group to include the ability to respond to an emergency situation.
- Keep up-to-date with ABC regulation and adhering to established policies and procedures regarding the handling and service of alcoholic beverages.
- Serve wine to guest in accordance with company policy and ABC regulation.
- Keep up-to-date with Inter-state shipping regulations and adhering to established policies regarding the shipment of wine.
- Assists the Tasting Room, Guest Services, and any other hospitality departments in need when not conducting trade experiences or trade related work.
- Sends written correspondence to all Sales Reps after the completion of an experience letting them know how the experience went, what wines the guests enjoyed, if there were any sales opportunities, if there were any questions about certain brands or items and any other pertinent information and details of the experience.
- Research the trade guest’s business or account before the guests visit, to ensure the experience received by the guest is aligned with what the Sales Rep requested.
- Coordinate, order, charge and account for all gifts and wine requested for trade guests during their visits.
- Create and maintain all stationary given to trade guests. This includes but not limited to, complimentary tasting cards, thank you cards and special occasion cards that are requested from our Sales Team.
- Be consistently professional in all of your communication; verbal, written and non-verbal.
- Sustains a growing wine knowledge of over 70 wines at both Francis Ford Coppola and Virginia Dare Wineries.
- Maintains a growing understanding of the wine industry both here in Sonoma County and beyond.
- Provide assistance to the Event operation when assigned to support private and in-house activities.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
To be successful in this role you should have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Wine knowledge and passion for wine.
- Strong sales background.
- Warm, personable demeanor.
- Flexible and a team player.
- Customer Service focused with a sincere desire to create a memorable guest experience.
- Self-motivated and professional with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with clients, management, peers, and subordinates.
- Computer proficiency in basic database management, MS Office, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Internet, RMS.
Education and experience needed are as follows:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have 1 -2 years of related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- CA Food Handlers Certification required.
- TIPS Certification or Certified within 90 days of employment.