Expeditor - Seasonal
Job Summary: The Expeditor sets the pace and flow of pick up in the kitchen. Ensures that guest orders only leave once all orders are assured. Quality control inspection. Building relationships to ensure smooth timing with hot and cold lines as well as FOH and BOH.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communication to everyone in the kitchen, under the guidance of the Chef and Food and Beverage Manager.
- Ensuring all food that leaves the kitchen is to the quality prescribed.
- Communicate with dining room personnel.
- Make sure all food items are accountable according to the POS check.
- Correct handling and covering of food according to hygiene regulations.
- Management of food dispense in the room ensuring each person receives the correct item.
- Stock station and complete all delegated side work.
- Position duties may include any other tasks as deemed necessary by managers in order to fulfill the obligations of the winery.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have previous high paced restaurant expeditor experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic English speaking and reading skills desired.
- Complete Understanding of Restaurant Service Flow.
- Ability to Focus and Stay in Control.
- Quality Control.
- Ability to Work under Pressure.
- Exceptional coordination skills.
- High level of professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills (people skills).
- Ability to stand and operate equipment in excess of seven (7) hours a day.
- This position requires bending and standing (long periods of time in hot conditions), walking and lifting (40 lbs.)
- ServSafe® Certification required.
- TIPS Certification or Certified within 90 days of employment.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-C, Walk-C, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-C, Reaching Outward-C, Reaching Above Shoulder-C, Climb-O, Crawl-O, Squat or Kneel-C, Bend-C, Working at the Computer-N
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About The Family Coppola
The Family Coppola encompasses all of the things Francis loves most—cinema, wine, food, resorts and adventure—and embraces quality, authenticity and pleasure as a backbone to each of these vibrant business endeavors.
Our people are driven by the cultural values of respect, integrity, innovation, passion, teamwork, and embracing change. Our employees love working here for our sense of “family” community. We’ve been recognized as one of The Best Places to Work in the North Bay multiple years in a row.