We are currently seeking to hire a full-time Cook III in our restaurant, Rustic. Come work at the Wine Wonderland! We offer competitive pay, health benefits, discounts at our wineries, restaurants, resorts and more!
In our effort to create a destination restaurant, this position requires a person who possesses not just excellent cooking skills but maintains a well-organized station for preparing and presenting products of the highest quality. While working in a clean, orderly, and safe fashion, the Cook must work closely with the Culinary Manager, Chef and all other kitchen staff to create a tight-knit and unified team of professionals. Above all, the Cook must do all he/she can to contribute to an environment where professionalism, cooperation, and enthusiasm can flourish among the restaurant staff.
As a Cook III, you will be responsible to execute three
stations in Rustic, including the Pool Café and Pastry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Mastery of three stations in Rustic, including the Pool Café and Pastry.
- Prepare food according to recipe and restaurant specifications in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow Chef's direction to manage all aspects of your station.
- Check station from prep lists and verbal communication to set priorities for your shift.
- Set up station according to menu needs and be set for service time.
- Prep food products for shift: Use proper rotation, first in first out and check for quality while preventing food waste.
- Perform correct cooking techniques
- Bring any problems or shortages to the chef’s attention. Each shift is responsible for checking and maintaining a high level of quality of products and equipment on their station
- Maintain an organized and clean work area at all times. Observe good sanitation practices and safety procedures. Wear gloves when possible.
- Daily duties may also include but are not limited to unpacking and stocking kitchen deliveries, as well as assigned cleaning duties.
- Prior kitchen experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to perform the position of Line Cook II.
- Understand how to use operate and care for all kitchen equipment.
- Knife skills and cooking terms essential.
- Good knowledge of hot and cold food preparations.
- Seasoning, vinaigrettes, soups, sauces, stocks, vegetable preparations, basic butchery, and meat and fish cookery.
- Knowledge of sanitation rules essential.
- ServSafe® Certification required.
- TIPS Certification or Certified within 90 days of employment.
- Must wear closed toed shoes.