Francis Ford Coppola Winery seeks energetic and enthusiastic candidates for seasonal, part-time positions in our Tasting Room. The primary function of the Tasting Room Runner is to support the Tasting Room Associates with the sales of wine and non-wine merchandise, enhance Francis Ford Coppola Winery’s company image and provide exceptional customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Tasting Room Support:
- Create a memorable experience for all guests who enter the property through a high standard of customer service.
- Stock wine, glassware and other tasting room tools.
- Assist Tasting Room Associates with order fulfillment.
- Occasionally assist guests out to their vehicle with purchases.
- Work as a team with other associates to reach daily and monthly sales targets.
- Set up and break down of glasses and wine for various tours on a daily basis
- Buffing glassware, stocking wines and assisting sales staff with order fulfillment.
- Greeting guests, informing them of our tasting options and assist with non-wine product sales.
- One to two years of retail, customer service or tasting room experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Customer Service focused with a sincere desire to create a memorable guest experience.
- Warm, personable demeanor.
- Flexible and a team player.
- Self-motivated and professional with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Wine knowledge and/or passion for wine.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with clients, management, peers, and subordinates.
- Computer proficiency in Lotus Suite, basic database management, MS Office, (Word, Excel), Internet, RMS.
- Weekends, Holidays and some evenings required.
- Must be 16 years or older.
- TIPS certified or certification within 90 days of employment.
- CA Food Handlers Certification required.