We are currently seeking Assistant Servers in our restaurant, Rustic, who will be responsible for assisting Servers in providing exceptional quality and excellent service to our guests. The ideal candidate can work well under pressure, manage multiple tasks at once and ensure guest satisfaction. This is a fast paced position with continual guest contact. This position does require an applicant with a flexible schedule, able to work morning and afternoon shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet guests promptly and warmly.
- Anticipate business levels, and perform accordingly.
- Set the example of excellence in standards to other staff at all times.
- Use guest names wherever possible, and be aware if they are celebrating a special occasion.
- Promote the restaurants, wines, tasting room, wine club and know about upcoming events on property.
- Ensure the Front-of-House looks presentable to the guest.
- Responsible to maintain cleanliness and order throughout dining areas, specifically guest tables.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day by clearing, collecting and returning food and beverage items to proper areas.
- Inspect cleanliness and presentation of all china, glass, and silver prior to use.
- Clear tables and reset them neatly and completely according to specification.
- Maintain knowledge of food menu and provide recommendations in describing menu items to guests by offering interesting, and vivid descriptions to drive sales.
- Assist server with providing wine presentations and recommendations including Coppola Wines.
- Assist server in following proper plate presentation and garnish set up details.
- Thank guests when they are departing, and invite them back.
- Work together with kitchen staff to ensure food is expedited quickly and correctly.
- Maintain composed, professional and calm demeanor at all times.
- Communicate with service staff and managers about guest needs.
- Informs management of guests who are unhappy with the service as quickly as possible.
- Take the lead in any guest issues that may arise during your shift and communicate these to your manager/supervisor immediately.
- Look for ways to improve service, streamline the efficiency and maximize revenue possibilities.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Be knowledgeable about the menu, and all ingredients.
- Perform opening and closing duties.
- Complete all side-work as directed.
- Follow all restaurant Standard Operating Procedures.
- Communicate all essential operation information to your service personnel.
- Responsible for keeping all payroll paperwork current on a daily basis.
- Attend line ups and be aware of other promotions and events that are going on at the winery.
- Be on time, and on the correct day.
- Arrive in uniform and in accordance with established grooming standards.
- Arrive ready to work.
- Seek ways to go above and beyond to enhance the guest experience.
- Be aware of what is happening across the property, read all memos and company monthly newsletters.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Restaurant experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Ability to work in high paced work environment.
- Ability to focus for an entire shift.
- Trouble shooting and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to stand and operate equipment in excess of seven (7) hours a day.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Ability to work in high temperatures.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- TIPS Certification or Certified within 90 days of employment.
- CA Food Handlers certification required.