Event Associate - DDB
Job Summary: As an Event Associate at Domaine de Broglie, you will be a part of a dynamic team that executes private events, winery events, weddings, and club events, ranging from intimate wine and appetizer receptions to larger hospitality functions. We aim to provide excellent and memorable service to all guests. We strive to maintain a clean, friendly environment for employees and guests to enjoy. Domaine de Broglie is looking to bring on board a talented, enthusiastic, sophisticated individual that is looking to work with us in helping to bring to life our clients’ vision. This individual must provide exceptional customer service, while cultivating a positive, safe, and inclusive environment for everyone.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in coordination with winery staff, caterers and vendors as directed by the Event Producer.
- Set-up and execute wine and beverage service for events in accordance with all OLCC regulations. Monitor guests for intoxication and adhere to OLCC guidelines.
- Assist with set-up and break down for events, including movement of banquet tables, chairs, umbrellas and event equipment to several different event locations across property. This is a physically demanding job and requires applicant to be able to sit or stand over extended periods, scale multiple staircases at a time and lift 50lbs (with assistance); lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
- Create a welcoming environment for everyone that walks through our door and treat everyone with respect.
- Provide exemplary guest experience through proper service etiquette and anticipating the needs of our guests.
- An enthusiastic, positive demeanor and desire to provide exceptional, genuine, and personal experience to all guests.
- Ability to learn and confidently communicate knowledge regarding the event menu and wine to guests.
- Work well in an active and fast-paced environment.
- Multi-task to complete all event preparation in a timely, accurate manner.
- Pro-active and persistent in completing existing tasks and pursuing new assignments.
- Clear communication and cooperation in teamwork, while maintaining the company’s standard for excellence.
- Maintain clean and organized environment and take part in housekeeping efforts.
- Follow all safety practices, trainings and proactively mitigate risks for both employees and guests.
- May be asked to be a “team lead” for specific duties or projects during the course of an event.
- Assisting vendors with their set up and answering questions.
- Remaining calm, flexible, and helpful under pressure and changing conditions.
- Enforce COVID-19 policies.
- High school diploma or general education degree or six months of prior experience and/or training.
- One to two years of customer service in hospitality, in events, catering, restaurant, bar, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to clearly communicate in English both verbal and non-verbal.
- Knowledge of food and wine helpful.
- Experience in Hospitality industry is a must.
- Self-motivated and professional with the ability to multi-task.
- Highly organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Comparable banquet service background and experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and evenings.
- Ability to work varying and potentially long shifts of 8-10 hours.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Must provide proof of a temporary OLCC Alcohol Service Permit upon hire and a 5-year OLCC Alcohol Service Permit within 45 days of employment.
- Oregon Food Handlers Card required within 30 days of employment.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-C, Walk-C, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-F, Reaching Outward-F, Reaching Above Shoulder-O
Climb-O, Crawl-N, Squat or Kneel-O, Bend-O, Working at the Computer-N
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The above information is representative of the work performed in this position, however it is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar or related to the essential duties and responsibilities.