Oregon Events Associate
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Work in coordination with winery staff, caterers and vendors as directed by the Event Producer.
• Set-up and execute wine and beverage service for events in accordance with all OLCC regulations.
• Assist with set-up and break down for events, including movement of banquet tables, chairs, umbrellas and event equipment to several different event locations across property.
• Greet guests warmly and serve guests with a high level of attentiveness. Strives to exceed goals and expectations.
• Provide exemplary guest experience through proper service etiquette and anticipating the needs of our guests.
• Ability to learn and confidently communicate knowledge regarding the event menu and wine to guests.
• Work well in an active and fast-paced environment.
• Multi-task to complete all event preparation in a timely, accurate manner.
• Pro-active and persistent in completing existing tasks and pursuing new assignments.
• Clear communication and cooperation in teamwork, while maintaining the company’s standard for excellence.
• Performing basic cleaning tasks, such as doing dishes, sweeping, mopping, as needed or directed by Event Producer to maintain a clean work environment and uphold all Health and Safety Regulations.
• Ensure compliance with all departmental and company policies and procedures.
• Perform any other related duties as may be required.
• May be asked to be a “team lead” for specific duties or projects during the course of an event.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
• High school diploma or general education degree or six months of prior experience and/or training.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Ability to clearly communicate in English.
• Knowledge of food and wine helpful.
• Comparable banquet service background and experience.
• Must be 21 years or older.
• Must provide proof of completion of an in-person or online Alcohol Server Education Class.
• Must provide proof of a temporary OLCC Alcohol Service Permit upon hire and a 5-year OLCC Alcohol Service Permit within 45 days of employment.
• Oregon Food Handlers Card required within 30 days of employment.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-C, Walk-C, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-F, Reaching Outward-F, Reaching Above Shoulder-O
Climb-O, Crawl-N, Squat or Kneel-O, Bend-O, Working at the Computer-N
Lift/Carry Push/Pull Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less C 12 lbs or Less O Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs O 13 lbs to 25 lbs O Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs F 26 lbs to 40 lbs o Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs O 41 lbs to 100 lbs O
Over 100 lbs N Over 100 lbs O
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.