Harvest Lab Technician
Location: Geyserville, California
(60%) Lab Analysis:
• Analyze grape and juice samples to evaluate maturity during harvest season.
• Perform chemical analyses of wines (and juices) using a variety of methods, including titration, distillation, enzymatic chemistry, and other specialized methods.
• Prepare chemical reagents and contribute to general housekeeping of laboratory.
• Ability to rotate through various work schedules to include early morning or swing shift.
• Responsible for learning, adhering to, and enforcing department and company policies and procedures including safety.
• Additional duties as assigned.
(20%) Sample Collection:
• Responsible for sample collection and proper preparation for all required analysis.
(20%) Data Entering:
• Accurately transcribe lab results to appropriate forms or databases.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no direct reports
• Good understanding of analytical chemistry and lab instrumentation.
• Ability to perform analyses in an accurate and timely manner.
• Good attention to detail and ability to work well with others.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Fluent in English.
• Ability to contribute to a positive work environment by behaving and communicating in a manner that works well with clients, customers, coworkers and management.
• Working knowledge of MS Excel, Outlook and Word software applications.
• Demonstrated ability to work with little supervision.
Must be highly organized and able to multi-task with diverse projects.
• Good multi-tasking and people skills for working in a dynamic fast paced environment.
• High school diploma or equivalent required. BS Degree in a scientific field preferred.
• Previous analytical lab experience at a winery or related industry preferred.
Stand F Lift/Carry
Walk F 10 lbs or Less F
Sit O 11 – 20 lbs F
Handling/Fingering F 21 – 50 lbs O
Reaching Outward F 51 – 100 lbs O
Reaching Above Shoulder F Over 100 lbs N
Climb O Push/Pull
Crawl O 12 lbs or Less F
Squat or Kneel O 13 – 25 lbs O
Bend O 26 – 40 lbs O
Working at the computer O 41 – 100 lbs O
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C(Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/tractor sounds)
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Ability to lift heavy boxes (40-50 lbs), going up and down stairs and ladders, bending, standing and
• Occasionally required to lift 50 pounds.
• Ability to work varying shifts and overtime.
This is a seasonal Harvest position from August - November.
Posted: June 10, 2021