Francis Ford Coppola Winery is hiring a Tasting Room Associate. Come work at the Wine Wonderland!
We are seeking individuals who share our passion and commitment to creating an unforgettable experience for our guests. The primary functions of the Tasting Room Associate is to promote the sales of wine and non-wine merchandise, enhance Francis Ford Coppola Winery’s company image and provide exceptional customer service.
We offer competitive pay, great benefits, discounts on wineries, restaurants, resorts and more!
In this role you will do the following:
- Host experiences that educates guests on history, brands, vineyards, and wines, ultimately leading to an engaging experience that creates brand loyalty, and wine sales
- Create a memorable experience for all guests who enter the property through a high standard of customer service.
- Manage high volume wine and merchandise transactions
- Build relationships guests to maximize the sale of wine, merchandise and winery tours and experiences.
- Create opportunities to sell other events, services and experiences offered on the property.
- Present the benefits of our Wine Family programs to guests, contributing to the growth of the wine club and obtaining goals.
- Work as a team with other associates to reach daily and monthly sales targets.
- Conduct various levels of tours. May include, but is not limited to, daily public tours, pre-arranged group and/or private tours, sit-down wine tastings or trade/VIP guest experiences. Tours will be based on company tour guide outline.
- Host guests in our retail spaces, including evenings, weekends and during events
- Work during on and off-site events
- Ensure smooth daily operations; including effective and appropriate communication, successfully managing traffic flow throughout the day and overseeing that guests are being engaged and entertained.
- Process transactions, stock wine, and assist guests with purchases.
- Perform opening and closing duties.
- Follow all safety practices, training and proactively mitigate risks for both employees and guests.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One to two years of retail, customer service or tasting room experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Customer Service focused with a sincere desire to create a memorable guest experience.
- Strong sales background.
- Warm, personable demeanor.
- Flexible and a team player.
- Self-motivated and professional with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Wine knowledge and passion for wine.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with clients, management, peers, and subordinates.
- Computer proficiency in basic database management, Internet, RMS.
- Weekends, Holidays and some evenings required.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- TIPS certified or certification within 90 days of employment.
- Food Handlers certification required.