Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Technician II must be proficient at performing all duties of a Technician I.
• Follows standard operating procedures in the performance of (understanding of and ability to operate) all bottling activities to ensure maximum productivity and wine quality objectives are achieved.
• Proficiently operates all bottling line machinery. Including, but not limited to; uncasing, bottle rinser, filler, cork feeder and corker, capsule applicator, labeler, laser coder, Vision System label inspection, case packer, case sealer, case printer, hand palletizing station and CIP system.
• Performs set-up and changeovers of the bottling line, clears machinery jams and makes running adjustments to maximize operational efficiency.
• Carries out and ensures proper sanitation techniques for cleaning, sanitizing, and storing all bottling line equipment, including hoses, change-parts, filler sanitation parts, etc. Able to clean all machinery, conveyors, and bottling area equipment.
• Work effectively and openly communicate with peers as a team to support production goals, including Q/A, and supervisors to effectively operate the packaging line.
• Is knowledgeable of all packaging, including export and specialty packages and tracks inventory levels of consumable bottling supplies such as label glue, case print labels, case print ribbons, stretch wrap, and cleaning supplies.
• Maintain quality requirements in accordance with company standards; completes and generates required daily operating reports, OEE report, and machine center tracking logs, label position monitoring, broken bottle reports. Responsible for reporting all quality defects. Monitor packaging supplies and document material usage as appropriate.
• Understands QA protocols, performs and record quality control checks during daily production runs, including but not limited to monitoring fill heights, DO levels and CO2 checks and others as needed.
• Actively promote a positive atmosphere and culture of excellence through leadership, teamwork, job knowledge, work ethic and flexibility.
• Conduct tailgates discuss safety topics, and lead stretching exercises.
• Adheres to all safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to, timely and accurate reporting of all work-related injuries and illnesses to the supervisor, promoting safety awareness to co-workers, advising the supervisor of any unsafe acts and conditions and wearing required personal protective equipment. Includes participating in departmental and company wide safety programs.
• Identifies and develops improvement opportunities. Supports continuous improvement opportunities and initiatives.
• Comply with sustainability policies and practices by supporting programs for conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling.
• Under the direction of the Cellar Manager or Supervisor, must be able to perform all duties of Cellar Seasonal position during harvest period and beyond (usually August through October).
• Maintain a clean and organized working environment, including cleanup of the bottling line, and actively participates in 5S program. Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• 3-5 years winery experience operating packaging machinery.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to follow all department safety, sanitation and production procedures.
• Able to perform quality work efficiently, with minimal supervision.
• Ability to clean assigned equipment to meet requirements.
• Adhere to all department policies and written procedures for optimum department function.
• Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively.
• Must be self-motivated, with a positive attitude.
• Able to read, understand and follow written and verbal instructions in English.
• Willingness to work flexible shifts and schedules.
Stand C Lift/Carry
Walk F 10 lbs or Less F
Sit O 11 – 20 lbs F
Handling/Fingering F 21 – 50 lbs F
Reaching Outward C 51 – 100 lbs N
Reaching Above Shoulder O Over 100 lbs N
Climb O Push/Pull
Crawl O 12 lbs or Less O
Squat or Kneel O 13 – 25 lbs N
Bend F 26 – 40 lbs N
Working at the computer N 41 – 100 lbs N
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C(Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision Inspection (Near)
Sense of Sound (Listen for machines running)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel toe boots, safety glasses, and ear plugs)
• Able to sit/stand for a minimum of 9 hours per day.
• Able to visually concentrate on rapidly moving bottles at rates of 20-200+ bpm for a minimum of 9 hours per day.
• Able to frequently stretch, reach, bend and pivot in order to perform this task. Able to empty cases of glass and dump on moving conveyor at a weight of 18 – 21 lbs. per box at a rate of 650 cases per hour for up to 30-minute intervals.
• Able to frequently lift, squat, bend, stretch, and pivot in order to performing this task.
• Able to lift, carry and stack cases up to 50 lbs, while maintaining the production flow for up to 30- minute intervals.
• Able to climb ladders and use stairs.
• Able to frequently lift, squat, bend, and pivot for up to 2.5-hours intervals to perform job functions.
• Able to sweep/mop floor with a broom/mop and bend and sweep/squeeze debris into dustpan or bucket.
• Able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including overtime.
• Able to use proper safety equipment and follow all safety procedures
Loud production environment