Job Summary: The Associate, Accounts Payable works closely with the Supervisor, Accounts Payable to handle the payables processing function for seven Family Coppola companies. S/He works closely with key business partners throughout the Company and is expected to develop a solid understanding of their business practices. The AP Associate also is responsible for reconciling all payables related accounts and working the AP Supervisor to highlight and explain variances. S/He needs to have or to develop a comprehensive understanding of JD Edwards and Concur and how the two systems interface.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Accounts Payable Administration (80%):
- Works closely with the AP Supervisor to oversee the accuracy of accounts payable data capture and vendor payment. This includes, but is not limited to, auditing Concur Invoice and Concur Expense, helping with 1099 issuance, working with Grape and Bulk vendors, etc.
- Handles calculation of allocated expenses including phone, electricity, UPS, etc.
- Communicates and enforces a company-wide accounts payable schedule that allows for the management of multiple deadlines, including month-end close
- Responds quickly and accurately to vendor and business partner inquiries, including questions on Concur, P-cards, etc.
- Prepares vendor payments (checks, wires, and ACH payment) and makes sure vendors are paid once and accurately
- Proposes & executes weekly cash disbursements
- Assists in financial/tax audits and month end close, including reconciling AP sub ledger to GL
- Supports company policies and work cooperatively toward the benefit of the work group and organization.
General Accounting (20%):
- Works closely with the Grower Relations and Winemaking team to process over 300 grape and bulk payments during the harvest season. This entails understanding the JDE Grower information flow and general process to assist the teams
- Assists the AP Supervisor with the business facing aspects of Concur Expense and Invoice, the Company’s invoice approval system. This includes business partner training, consistently interacting with Concur and IT to streamline invoice entry and processing, etc.
- Manages all aspects of employee expense reimbursement including auditing for completeness of supporting documents, verifying approvals and compliance with the Company’s expenditure policy.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or educational experience in college
- 2+ years of experience in an Accounting position with Accounts Payable experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Accuracy: Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Autonomy: Self-starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Detail Oriented: Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Goal Oriented: Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a predetermined result.
- Initiative: Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Interpersonal: Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Judgment: The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Problem Solving: Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work related problems.
- Relationship Building: Ability to effectively build relationships with co-workers
- Team Work: Ability to collaborate with others in Accounting/Finance as well as with other teams in the organization.
- Time Management: Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure: Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-O, Walk-O, Sit-C, Handling/Fingering-F, Reaching Outward-O, Reaching Above Shoulder-O Climb-O, Crawl-O, Squat or Kneel-O, Bend-O, Working at the Computer-C
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs. or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs. to 100 lbs.
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Over 100 lbs.
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is defined as working in a standard office environment.