Bartender - Seasonal
Job Summary: The Bartender is responsible for providing bar and restaurant guests with a fun and positive experience and mixing and providing beverages for all guests.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Preparation for the day.
- Check-in with the Food and Beverage Manager at the start of each shift.
- Have the required tools to do your job for that day (Pen, Paper, Keys, Wine Key).
- Responsible for keeping all payroll paperwork current daily.
- Attend line-ups and be aware of other promotions and events that are going on at the winery.
- Be aware of what is happening across the property, read all memos and company monthly newsletters.
- Anticipate business levels for each shift.
- Always have higher expectations for service levels.
- Ensure the Front-of-House looks presentable to the guest.
Oversee the bar area.
- The Bar Operation is ready and appropriate for the business levels expected.
- Keep all areas clean and tidy – re Health and Safety Standards.
- Report all issues to Food and Beverage Manager on Duty.
- Always be looking at ways to improve service, streamline the efficiency and maximize revenue possibilities every day.
- Keep the bar organized, stocked, and clean.
- Prepare all garnishing for drinks.
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies.
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations.
- Ensure that the Department areas are left presentable at the end of each shift.
- Complete all paperwork correctly after the end of every shift.
- Check-in with the Food and Beverage Manager on duty at the end of each shift.
- Handle cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register.
- Develop new cocktail recipes.
- Lunch Breaks are conformed to according to company guidelines.
- Welcome guests in a warm and friendly manner.
- Check guest’s identification and confirm it meets the legal drinking age.
- Assess guest needs and preferences and make recommendations.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons following standard recipes.
- Deliver beverage and food dishes orders placed by servers and deliver the meals and drinks to the restaurant guests.
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails.
- Interact with guests, take orders, and serve food and beverages.
- Respond promptly to guest inquiries and requests politely and professionally.
- Promote the Restaurants and upsell the Coppola wines and Great Women Spirits.
- Be confident in taking the lead in any guest issues that may arise during your shift.
- Attempt to limit problems related to guests’ excessive drinking by following company procedures.
- Be aware of other promotions and events that are going on at the Winery.
- Know what Special Events are happening in the coming month and know the required service for each event.
- Follow our company restaurant Standard Operating Procedures.
- Thank guests when they are departing and invite them back.
Assist in restaurant maintenance.
- Help fellow team members and other departments wherever necessary to maintain positive working relationships.
- Assist servers with side work including, but not limited to, cleaning, stocking, polishing silverware, glassware, folding silverware, bussing, and resetting tables.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day by clearing, collecting, and returning food and beverage items to proper areas.
- Inspect cleanliness and presentation of all china, glass, and silver before use.
- Clear tables and reset them neatly and according to specification.
Important Service Standards for Rustic Restaurant Operations:
- To always show up to work on time, on the correct day and dress appropriately for their shift in accordance with our Uniform Standards.
- To be mentally prepared to work hard with a smile!
- To provide a warm welcome and a fond farewell to each guest in Rustic.
- To always know what is going on for the day.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A.
- High School diploma or GED (General Education Diploma).
- Minimum of 2 years’ restaurant experience.
- Bartending Certification and or proven bartending experience is a must.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic English speaking and reading skills desired.
- Ability to stand and operate equipment in excess of seven (7) hours a day.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- CA Food Handlers Certification required.
- TIPS Certification or Certified within 90 days of employment.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-C, Walk-C, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-F, Reaching Outward-C, Reaching Above Shoulder-F, Climb-O, Crawl-O, Squat or Kneel-F, Bend-F, Working at the Computer-N
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About The Family Coppola
The Family Coppola encompasses all of the things Francis loves most—cinema, wine, food, resorts and adventure—and embraces quality, authenticity and pleasure as a backbone to each of these vibrant business endeavors.
Our people are driven by the cultural values of respect, integrity, innovation, passion, teamwork, and embracing change. Our employees love working here for our sense of “family” community. We’ve been recognized as one of The Best Places to Work in the North Bay multiple years in a row.