Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintenance: (30%)
• Purchase equipment parts by completing the necessary paperwork (e.g., purchase orders, requisitions, receivers, vouchers, etc.).
• Keep accurate records detailing maintenance, service, and repair history on all equipment.
• Understand and comply with all safety regulations and procedures; assist in making sure that the facility and equipment are safe for employees and visitors.
2. Mechanical/Carpentry/Electrical: (60%)
• Understand refrigeration systems.
• Installation of equipment and construction projects.
• Rough to finish carpentry
• Painting of buildings and equipment
• Maintain winery fresh water system, and waste water filtration and pumping systems.
• Operate heavy equipment, such as: backhoe, trenchers, loaders, etc.
• Steel fabrication/welding, tig-mig-torch, stick plasma.
• Light electrical installation/repair low voltage, control.
• Maintain, troubleshoot and repair the following types of equipment.
Valves (manual and actuated)
Harvest equipment (Presses, Crushers, Pumps, Conveyors)
3. Miscellaneous Job functions: (10%)
• Department and Winery clean-up
• Drag, lift, carry, and use water hoses to clean floors.
• Drive company vehicle to pick-up and deliver parts and/or supplies
• Drive Forklift to move supplies and equipment
• Drive back hoe and dump trucks
• Document all maintenance operations on work orders, PM logs, etc
Job responsibilities that the person filling this position must exhibit at all times.
• Work within your area of expertise, knowing when to ask for help.
• Work toward maintaining and improving assigned work areas.
• Maintain equipment and tools that you use to insure proper working order at all time (PM’s).
• Do cleanup in assigned areas and in areas where currently working.
• Supply necessary hand tools.
Education/Experience: High School graduate. 1-3 years of maintenance experience. Oxyacetylene, ARC, and stainless steel welding, plumbing/pipe fitting, carpentry rough and finish, painting interior/exterior.
Skills: Able to perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision. Detail-oriented and accurate, with ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
Knowledge: Proper use of safety equipment and safety procedures. Basic math skills. Able to read, understand and follow written and verbal English instructions.
Physical: Able to lift, pull, and push up to 100 lbs. Carry up to 50lbs. with frequent stooping and bending. Able to travel by car. Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime and sometimes up to seven days/week during the harvest season. Able to stand, walk, stoop, bend, and/or kneel for a minimum of eight hours per day in two hour intervals. Able to climb stairs to work platforms twelve feet or more in height. Able to crawl inside tanks. Able to work outdoors in variable weather conditions.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand – F, Walk – F, Sit – O, Handling/Fingering – F, Reaching Outward – F, Reaching Above Shoulder – F, Climb – F, Crawl – F, Squat or Kneel –F, Bend – F, Working at the computer - O
10 lbs or Less-F
11 – 20 lbs-F
21 – 50 lbs-O
51 – 100 lbs-O
Over 100 lbs-O
12 lbs or Less-F
13 – 25 lbs-O
26 – 40 lbs-O
41 – 100 lbs-O
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/tractor sounds)
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Other Preferred Job Qualifications:
Mechanical aptitude. Previous winery maintenance experience.
About The Family Coppola
The Family Coppola encompasses all of the things Francis loves most—cinema, wine, food, resorts and adventure—and embraces quality, authenticity and pleasure as a backbone to each of these vibrant business endeavors.
Our people are driven by the cultural values of respect, integrity, innovation, passion, teamwork, and embracing change. Our employees love working here for our sense of “family” community. We’ve been recognized as one of The Best Places to Work in the North Bay multiple years in a row.