The Dishwasher is responsible for maintaining a clean dish area and cleaning all china, glass, cooking utensils, pots, pans and service ware. Occasionally may be responsible for food preparation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Wash and clean all china, glass, utensils, pots and pans using the dishwashing machine or by hand.
- Double check and ensure that each item washed has been washed thoroughly and no debris has been left behind.
- Maintain flexibility and be attentive to any requests that the kitchen or front of the house may have as far as tools and/or supplies needed during service.
- Maintain all utensils and tools in their corresponding areas so that they are readily available for use at all times.
- Maintain the standards of washing, rising and disinfecting of the three sink compartment requirements per the CALCODE.
- Cut and prepare food as needed.
- Contribute to the execution of the prep list.
- Label and date each prepared item in an appropriate container or bag.
- Maintain flexibility and attentiveness to kitchen’s requests during service and have any back up product readily available.
- Keep a clean and orderly preparation area.
- Keep a clean and orderly dish station, fully stocked and ready with all necessary tools and detergents.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 6 months experience in a restaurant preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of safe food handling, preparation procedures, safe handling and precautionary procedures of chemicals, detergents and sanitizers.
- Ability to differentiate the proper application of tools and/or chemicals to all equipment to ensure that there is no permanent damage done.
- Ability to stand and operate equipment in excess of seven (7) hours a day.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- CA Food Handlers Certification required.
- TIPS Certification or Certified within 90 days of employment.
- Basic English speaking and reading skills desired.