Francis Ford Coppola Winery is hiring Seasonal Tasting Room Retail Associates. Come work at the Wine Wonderland!
We are seeking individuals who share our passion and commitment to creating an unforgettable experience for our guests.
We offer competitive pay, health benefits, discounts on wineries, restaurants, resorts and more!
In this role you will do the following:
- Educate guests on the stories around our merchandise selection.
- Create a memorable experience for all guests who enter the property through a high standard of customer service.
- Manage high volume of transactions
- Build relationships with guests and suggestion sell, to maximize the sale of wine, merchandise, winery tours and experiences.
- Create opportunities to sell other events, services and experiences offered on the property.
- Present the benefits of our Wine Family programs to guests, contributing to the growth of the wine club and obtaining goals.
- Work as a team with other associates to reach daily and monthly sales targets.
- Ensure smooth daily operations; including effective and appropriate communication, successfully managing traffic flow throughout the day and overseeing that guests are being engaged and entertained.
- Process transactions and assist guests with purchases.
- Perform opening and closing duties.
- Follow all safety practices, trainings and proactively mitigate risks for both employees and guests.
- Assist with inventory counts
- Ensure stock levels are full and organized according to company direction.
- Responsible to fill stock levels nightly to prepare for the next day business.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization throughout retail areas.
- Communicate with merchandise and visual teams regarding inventory levels and sales strategies.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One to two years of retail, customer service or tasting room experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Customer Service focused with a sincere desire to create a memorable guest experience.
- Strong sales background.
- Warm, personable demeanor.
- Flexible and a team player.
- Self-motivated and professional with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with clients, management, peers, and subordinates.
- Computer proficiency in basic database management, Internet, RMS.
- Weekends, Holidays and evenings required.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- TIPS certified or certification within 90 days of employment.
- Food Handlers certification required.