Job Summary: Francis Ford Coppola Winery seeks an energetic and enthusiastic candidate for a full time position within our Hospitality department. The primary function of this position is to oversee the execution of all Private Events. This candidate will also coordinate and develop Park Events and promote these programs within the community to increase attendance.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
70% Event Production – Private Events:
- Execution of all events handed off by Event Production Manager. Events include Corporate Functions, Private Events, Elopements, and In-House Events.
- Effectively communicate with clients on the day of the event, exceed guest expectations.
- Work directly with other departments such as: Visual, Housekeeping, Security, Safety, Production and Maintenance.
- Communicate closely with Event Production Manager and Group Sales Assistant in establishing details of event.
- Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with clients, as well as all internal team members and departments (sales, operations, accounting).
- Work with Event Production Manager to develop proper staffing levels for each event.
- Uphold FFCW standards in presentation and service.
- Orchestrate set-up and break down of events, including movement of banquet tables, chairs, umbrellas and event equipment to several different event locations across property.
- Lead the on-call event staff members in providing an exemplary guest experience, through proper service etiquette and anticipating the needs of our guests.
- Outreach – build relationships within the community to drive Event sales.
30% Coordinate, Develop and Promote Park Events:
- Create new programs, events and promotions to drive revenue to the Events Department.
- Implement and coordinate Park Events as assigned by the Event Production Manager to assure they are followed through to their conclusion.
- Communicate closely with department manager to gather details and budget for proposed programs.
- Generate Program Alerts and Green Lights.
- Coordinate all required elements of Park Events with department managers and other internal partners such as Visual, IT, Accounting, Web Team, Social Media and Marketing, where applicable.
- Responsible for coordinating and actively promoting FFCW Park programs and events throughout the community.
- Work with vendors, community organizations and other strategic partners to promote and sell FFCW Private & Park Events to maximize attendance.
- Recap events with Event Production Manager to evaluate the successes of each program and areas of improvement.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervise On-Call Event Staff on days of events.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Wedding Planning and Execution experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects under tight time constraints.
- Pro-active and persistent in completing existing tasks and pursuing new assignments.
- Highly organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively at all levels.
- Ability to promote safety and ability to abide by safety standards.
- Computer skills to include: Microsoft Office.
- Previous winery, wedding, hotel or restaurant experience preferred
- Other marketing related experience preferred.
- Wine knowledge and passion for wine.
- Strong sales background.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- CA Food Handlers Certification required.
- TIPS Certification or Certified within 90 days of employment.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-C, Walk-F, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-C, Reaching Outward-C, Reaching Above Shoulder-F, Climb-O, Crawl-N, Squat or Kneel-O, Bend-F, Working at the Computer-F
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.