Francis Ford Coppola Winery is a high-energy, professional workplace dedicated to offering outstanding service, while having fun along the way. We are looking for a dynamic, motivated, self-starting individual to maintain, enhance, and support our JDE E1 environment.
This is a broad role on a small team, offering tons of opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience across the platform. We are recently live with core financials, fixed assets and sales orders/inventory, which offers a fantastic opportunity to be a part of the team implementing the procurement, manufacturing, and winemaking. To be clear, this position will not be responsible for the implementations themselves as we will be using outside consulting for that, but you will be a part of the core project team. We will look to this position to help supervise the consultant’s activities to ensure best practice is being followed. Since you will ultimately inherit the systems the consultants construct, it’s critical you understand and are in support of the solution being put together. It probably goes without saying that we need someone who has experience within the JDE ecosystem, but it’s also critical that this person have experience building and maintaining customer relationships to ensure we are providing the highest level of service we can, and are doing as much as possible in assisting the business in meeting their objectives. Collaboration, prioritization, and flexibility are some of the key factors to being successful at Coppola, so if this sounds like your jam, come talk to us about joining the team.
Please note: this is not a CNC role; the administrative portion of this job is focused on oversight.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Production Support and Enhancement (65%)
- Partnering with the IT Services team and managed services vendors, troubleshoot and manage reported issues. Ensure reported issues are input in detail (system configuration, summary of issue, resolution, etc.) in ticketing system.
- Oversee issue resolution when tickets are escalated to managed services vendors to ensure outcomes are satisfactory and meeting our established SLAs.
- Monitor, manage, and support ancillary applications and tools, such as RFGen, Scheduler and All Out Security, as well as integrations with JDE, such as the Biagi and Concur integrations.
- Take the lead when new functionality or processes are needed, including collaborating and coordinating with business owners and technical resources to develop requirements and deploy solutions.
- Collaborate with team leads and management to recommend application enhancements, business process improvements, and opportunities for additional training to further enhance the effectiveness of the organization.
- Plan, design, and deploy new applications, enhancements to existing applications, and business process improvements to meet company requirements.
- Lead testing efforts for upgrades, patches, and enhancements, including assisting and guiding users on developing test scripts and user acceptance testing.
- Work with staff and employees to support the development of reporting needs.
Environment Administration and Maintenance (35%)
- Manage and partner with vendors on configuring, maintaining, troubleshooting and supporting our JDE environment to ensure we’re providing a highly available, secure, and reliable system.
- Provide oversight, control, and communication of reoccurring activities, such as package builds, ESUs, patch updates, service restarts, data refreshes, etc.
- Initiate and participate in security audits and access reporting.
- Manage JDE user security, including setting up and maintaining user accounts, security roles, and program security.
- Conduct research on software products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing or outsourcing efforts.
General Duties and Responsibilities
Governance, Business Analysis and Change Management
- Provide oversight and adherence to change management and best practice policies.
- Understand and contribute to Business policy and process development.
- Be responsible for intimately understanding business objectives and processes.
- Serve as business systems analyst for other assigned business applications as needed.
- Act as functional JDE lead for integration points between JDE and other applications.
- Participate in end user application requirement definition and functional specification reviews to ensure business system requirements are well defined.
- Document standards, policies, processes, and user guides.
- Through trade periodicals, blogs, networking, conferences, and other means, be aware of new technologies or techniques relevant to the JDE market. Based on this knowledge, make recommendations to IT Leadership on how the technologies and techniques would be valuable if applied at FFCP.
- Establish standards and guidelines for vendors, monitoring vendors to ensure these policies are being followed.
- Perform as functional bridge amongst external vendors as well as internal stakeholders.
- Track, measure, report and evaluate vendor performance and budget (hours and/or dollars).
- Monitor contractual agreements for vendors.
- Perform market research to find vendors.
- Partnering with our Legal Department, participate in contract approval process
- Maintain list of project requests, working with IT management and business partners to establish priorities and timelines. This includes shepherding them through the project intake process and proactively managing expectations of key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain project plans. The complexity of each plan is dependent on the scale of the project, ranging from small projects that only require a list of tasks with due dates, to larger projects that may include Phases, Milestones, Tasks, Due Dates, etc.
- Regularly report on project progress to IT management and project stakeholders, which may include communicating progress on budget, timeline, scope, and risk depending on the complexity of the project.
No staff supervisory responsibilities but will supervise vendors.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in administrating and supporting JDE E1 systems and collaborating with Business users on defining and supporting these systems.
- In-depth understanding of JDE configuration and processes in the various functional modules (not CNC).
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related field.
- Other experience not required, but desired: Wine industry, barcoding & data-collecting systems, BI Publisher, JDE (User) Security, JDE Scheduler, and Preferred Strategies.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to balance multiple, dynamic, and sometimes conflicting priorities, demonstrating strong prioritization and organizational skills.
- Apply knowledge of, and experience with, Information Technology to solve Business problems.
- Business process mapping and requirements documentation skills.
- Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues and can work with all of the department teams to help them on effective utilization of JDE and other Business Applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills, including active listening skills and application of expectation management techniques.
- Ability to bridge the gap between IT and Business by presenting ideas in Business-friendly and user-friendly language to end users.
- Ability to demonstrate successful working relationships with IT and Business customers.
- Strong negotiation skills and a track record of gaining consensus with users and peers.
- Work independently and as part of a team, with direction or partnership as required.
- An understanding of wine industry Business practices and regulations is preferred.
- Ability to plan and execute complex technical projects.
- Working knowledge of standard reporting tools.
- Enterprise application implementations, administration, maintenance and upgrades.
- Detecting, isolating and resolving system and application problems using logical and methodical processes.
- Reading, interpreting and applying technical publications, manuals and other documents.
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C(Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand – O, Walk – O, Sit – C, Handling/Fingering – O, Reaching Outward – O, Reaching Above Shoulder – O, Climb – N, Crawl – N, Squat or Kneel –N, Bend – N, Working at the computer - C
10 lbs or Less, O
11 – 20 lbs, O
21 – 50 lbs, O
51 – 100 lbs, N
Over 100 lbs, N
12 lbs or Less, O
13-25 lbs, O
26-40 lbs, O
41-100 lbs, N
- Ability to travel occasionally to offsite locations.
- Ability to work outside of normal Business hours.
Other: Must have a valid driver’s license and driving record acceptable to the company’s insurance carrier.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All employees shall follow safe practices according to the Injury and Illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or Human Resources.