Job Summary: This position performs administrative functions relative to inventory and data management. Updating transactions and monitoring data integrity for all Francis Ford Coppola Winery operations through JDE.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
45% Data Management:
- Responsible for ensuring all data for Item Master and related fields are accurately set up in JDE for all bulk wine, manufactured and purchased items including but not limited to Category Codes, Unit of Measure Conversion, MRP parameters, Bill of Materials and Routings.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining data at appropriate branch plant level for all items.
- Work with Finance department for new Branch Plant set up, Item Costing and updates in a timely manner.
- Development and maintenance of JDE x-reference tables for SCC, UPC, HTS, warehouse and bottling specifications.
- Maintenance of data integrity for bar coding systems utilized for Finished Goods and Packaging.
- Monthly audit to identify Items and Item Branch records with incomplete data.
- Verify and maintain List of Values for all Item Master requirements.
- Assist in maintenance of Access Production database for new items and Bill of Materials.
40% Inventory Control and Material Management:
- Responsible for processing daily inventory transactions related to FFCW bottling and co-pack operations through JDE and RFGen.
- Responsible for monitoring inventory counts for inbound materials and cycle counts after each bottling.
- Research inventory discrepancies as required.
- Determine short term packaging requirements, arranging transfer of inventory between locations or from vendor as necessary to meet bottling schedule.
- Monitor Expected Receipt Reporting at all locations.
- Daily communication to bottling team on packaging availability for current bottling requirements.
- Communication of inventory or quality issues to purchasing.
- Assist in monitoring secondary processing.
10% Co-Packer and Custom Client:
- Assist in scheduling of co-packers. Coordinate packaging materials to co-packers. Monitoring and posting of co-packer progress, reconciling inventories at the completion of each pack.
- Co-ordinate, monitor and validate packaging deliveries for custom clients.
- Documentation of issues and opportunities.
- Assist with small package shipping and receiving.
- Coordinate special requests for finished goods and packaging.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years’ experience in Master Data Management or Inventory Control.
- Experience in ERP Systems.
- Winery experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with JDE is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively to staff at all levels, including outside contractors.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize complex tasks based on urgency and shifting deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Reliable, strong attention to detail and a quick learner.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-O, Walk-O, Sit-C, Handling/Fingering-F, Reaching Outward-O, Reaching Above Shoulder-N, Climb-N, Crawl-N, Squat or Kneel-N, Bend-O, Working at the Computer-C
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
- Office Environment
- Ability to travel to other winery locations by car
- Must be comfortable walking in and around manufacturing and warehouse areas
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.