Job Summary: The Pool Café Server is responsible for providing exceptional service to our guests. This is seasonal position through the end of October.
This individual can work well under pressure, manage multiple tasks at once and ensure guest satisfaction.
This is a fast paced position with continual guest contact. This person needs to be able to withstand high temperatures and work in the sun on our outdoor pool deck.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check in with the Manager / Supervisor at the start of each shift
- Anticipate business levels for each shift
- Always have higher expectations for service levels
- Promote the Restaurants
- Up selling of products including Coppola Wines
- Attend line ups and be aware of other promotions and events that are going on at the Winery
- Be confident in taking the lead in any guest issues that may arise during your shift and communicate these to your manager / supervisor immediately.
- Set the example of excellence in standards to other staff at all times
- Keep all areas clean and tidy – re Health and Safety Standards
- Report all issues to the Manager / Supervisor
- Trained to work all Front of House operations of Food and Beverage at the Winery
- New products are researched that will maximize guest satisfaction when at the winery
- Dressed appropriately for their shift in accordance to Uniform Standards
- Have the required tools to do their job for that day, such as order pad, pen and wine-key.
- The Restaurant Operation is ready appropriate for the business levels of that day
- Check in with the Manager / Supervisor at the end of your shift
- Completed paperwork correctly after the end of every shift
- Ensure that all duties are carried out before the end of shift
- Ensure that the Department areas are left clean and presentable at the end of each shift.
- Know what Rustic Large Parties are happening in the coming month and know the required service for each event
- Communicate all essential operation information to your service personnel
- Lunch Breaks are conformed to according to company guidelines
- Assist fellow team members out with additional job duties as business dictates and is required.
- Always be looking at ways to improve service, streamline the efficiency and maximize revenue possibilities every day
IMPORTANT SERVICE STANDARDS FOR POOL CAFÉ OPERATIONS
- To always show up to work on time, on the correct day and in correct uniform standards!
- To be mentally prepared to work hard with a smile!
- To always greet the guest upon arrival – Special Occasion, Wine Family Members, Local Guests.
- To always know what is going on for the day.
- To always make sure the outlets are ready for the day at least 10minutes before the outlet is due to open
- To always make sure the outlets look professional, beyond the guests expectations
- To always be fully prepared – Expect the unexpected!
- To always be present for your staff during your shift
- To always make sure the guests have everything they need
- To always keep the Restaurant Service Stations FOH and BOH are clear of clutter and clean up as you go
- To always clear the outlets extensively after all the guests have left
- To always say thank you to the guests when they are departing
- To always know what is going on at the Winery, and be able to promote additional services to the guests
- If a mistake is made, do whatever you can to fix the situation! Show concern!
- To always have fun and work hard – Make the guest’s day here a memorable one – One which they will tell the local community about!
Education/Experience: Restaurant experience preferred. High School diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) preferred, Fluent in English.
Skills: Excellent Communication Skills, Ability to work in high paced work environment, Ability to Multi Task, Ability to focus for an entire shift, trouble shooting and prioritizing skills.
Knowledge: Comparable restaurant service background and experience.
Physical: Ability to stand and operate equipment in excess of seven (7) hours a day. Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Ability to work in high temperatures.
Other: Required to be a certified safe food handler.
Seasonal Position – April through October
Must be able to work weekends and holidays
Shift requirements: Open
N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C(Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand – C, Walk – C, Sit – O, Handling/Fingering – F, Reaching Outward – C, Reaching Above Shoulder – F, Climb – O, Crawl – O, Squat or Kneel – F, Bend – F, Working at the computer - N
10 lbs or Less, C
11 – 20 lbs, C
21 – 50 lbs, O
51 – 100 lbs, N
Over 100 lbs, N
12 lbs or Less, C
13-25 lbs, C
26-40 lbs, O
41-100 lbs, N
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/tractor sounds)
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel toe boots, safety glasses)
All employees shall follow safe practices according to the Injury and Illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or Human Resources.