Cook - Seasonal
Job Summary: In our effort to create a destination restaurant, this position requires a person who possesses not just excellent cooking skills but maintains a well-organized station for preparing and presenting products of the highest quality. While working in a clean, orderly, and safe fashion, the line cook must work closely with the culinary manager/ chef and all other kitchen staff to create a tight- knit and unified team of professionals. Above all, the line cook must do all he/she can to contribute to an environment where professionalism, cooperation, and enthusiasm can flourish among the restaurant staff.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
75% Food Preparation/Production:
- Prepare food according to recipe and restaurant specifications in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow Chefs direction to manage all aspects of your station.
- Check station from prep lists and verbal communication to set priorities for your shift.
- Set up station according to menu needs and be set for service time.
- Prep food products for shift: Use proper rotation, first in first out and check for quality while preventing food waste.
- Perform correct cooking techniques
- Bring any problems or shortages to the chef’s attention. Each shift is responsible for checking and maintaining a high level of quality of products and equipment on their station
- Maintain an organized and clean work area at all times. Observe good sanitation practices and safety procedures. Wear gloves when possible.
- Daily duties may also include but are not limited to unpacking and stocking kitchen deliveries, as well as assigned cleaning duties.
- Check out with chef daily before leaving your shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior kitchen experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understand how to use operate and care for all kitchen equipment.
- Knife skills and cooking terms essential.
- Good knowledge of hot and cold food preparations.
- Seasoning, vinaigrettes, soups, sauces, stocks, vegetable preparations, basic butchery, and meat and fish cookery. Knowledge of sanitation rules essential.
- ServSafe® Certification required.
- TIPS Certification or Certified within 90 days of employment.
- Must wear closed toed shoes.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-C, Walk-C, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-C, Reaching Outward-C, Reaching Above Shoulder-F Climb-O, Crawl-O, Squat or Kneel-O, Bend-F, Working at the Computer-F
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position will work near open flames and some oil splatter.
About The Family Coppola
The Family Coppola encompasses all of the things Francis loves most—cinema, wine, food, resorts and adventure—and embraces quality, authenticity and pleasure as a backbone to each of these vibrant business endeavors.
Our people are driven by the cultural values of respect, integrity, innovation, passion, teamwork, and embracing change. Our employees love working here for our sense of “family” community. We’ve been recognized as one of The Best Places to Work in the North Bay multiple years in a row.