The best candidate will be detail oriented, strategic and with a flair for the creative. They’ll be responsible for the collection, quality control and coordination of digital assets used for our own platforms as well as how and where they are distributed. This position will work within a complete production process from asset request and acquisition to distribution, and will require communication with internal stakeholders, external partners and vendors. Additional responsibilities include support for the web department as directed.
Ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, love for innovation, embraces change and thrives in a creative environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
50% Digital Asset Management:
• Manage and facilitate workflows for the incorporation of digital assets into company and partner DAMS.
• Provide quality control for all metadata to ensure accuracy and consistency across the institution. This includes the development and management of metadata tools, controlled vocabularies and other metadata standardization solutions.
• Oversee and enforce the organizations digital preservation, asset file and metadata standards.
• Assist in the organization and maintenance of current digital assets, organization-wide.
• Develop and/or adopt naming taxonomies and metadata standards.
• Manage and participate in the ingestion of digital assets into the DAMS ensuring that all files have relevant and accurate metadata.
• Create policies and procedures related to the intake of born digital collections.
• Provide functional support to individual DAMS software users.
• Research and make recommendations on emerging standards and best practices in digital asset management. This includes digital asset preservation, metadata, and digital rights management.
• Responsible for the timely and accurate submission of digital assets into the various DAM systems, not exclusive to Coppola platforms, but also our partners.
• Manages any updates to the status of assets.
• Address technical issues, and work with teams on defining ways to optimize the process for a better user experience.
• Work with team members on compliance and regulatory observations with respect to digital assets.
• Ensures assets have appropriate approvals and these are properly documented.
• Guides new users with onboarding and best practices for searching assets.
50% Online/Web Support
• Support Marketing department with digital campaigns, from analysis to planning responsibilities.
• Provide assistance as needed to support the Interactive Director and Web team.
• Complete design tasks such as resizing and reformatting existing digital assets upon request.
• Assess digital projects for visual resource requirements.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
• Bachelor’s degree or 2-4 years of experience working with digital asset and content management tools.
• Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint.
• Experience using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
• Exceptional organizational skills with ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work with completing deadlines.
• Ability to adapt to change quickly.
• Some experience in project management or technology-related implementations.
• Understands digital file formats.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Must be a problem solver, quick to offer solutions, and possess a broad set of skills to support multi-platform initiatives.
• Must be exceptionally detail oriented, with the ability to take feedback, make changes and progress at a pace necessary to meet tight deadlines and goals
• Strong communication skills
• Fanatical about creating order from disorder; understand the “correct” level of process to apply to different projects.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to switch between disciplines at a moment’s notice.
• An appreciation for product photography, GIF animation and Video directing, short form for YouTube.
• This position is based at VDW East.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.