Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Motivate and lead the team by example.
- Drive company focus, manage culture, encourage a strong work ethic and foster an environment of trust and respect.
- Solve problems to restore and promote good public relations and a positive work environment.
- Communicate and support company policies and decisions in a positive manner.
- Address performance issues immediately with the staff and your manager.
- Compile documentation of incidents and action taken.
- Assist with writing and delivering annual performance evaluations for tasting and tour staff.
- Ensure you are consistent in communicating with the team on the floor, your peers and your manager.
- Maintain a consistent level of professionalism in all of your communication; verbal, written and non-verbal.
- Ensure policies and directives are in line with direction given by your manager.
- Consistently communicate ideas and questions to your manager.
Sales & Service:
- Greet guests promptly and warmly.
- Build relationships with guests at the bar, in the retail area and at guest services.
- Provide an exceptional guest experience that is thorough and genuine.
- Answer inquiries, offer suggestions and provide information regarding our property, special events and local attractions.
- Educate guests on our wine and merchandise.
- Serve wine to guest in accordance with company policy and ABC regulation.
- Promote our wine and non-wine retail merchandise for sale.
- Work as a team to reach set daily and monthly sales targets.
- Promote club memberships and property features to guests.
- Collect contact information from guests.
- Maintain and keep retail and bar areas clean and tidy according to established standards and policies.
- Maintain and keep accurate inventories.
- Assist with off-site pouring’s as requested.
- Open and close the Tasting Bar.
- Share the responsibility to facilitate the morning staff meetings.
- Ensure that each shift is running smoothly.
- Acts as staff resource for facts and information on general company and wine knowledge; Francis Coppola Winery wines and Sonoma County winemaking history.
- Suggest and oversee improvements to existing tasting room operational processes and procedures.
- Responsible for accurately processing transactions on register system of wine and non-wine retail products, wrapping of merchandise, processing forms for shipment of wine and non-wine retail products.
- Responsible to perform routine maintenance of the sales floor and outside areas throughout shift.
- Oversee and maintain the visual presentation of merchandise by working with visual department.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Assist Tasting Room Manager with supervisory responsibilities of Tasting Room Lead(s) and Associates.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Wine knowledge and passion for wine.
- Strong sales background.
- Warm, personable demeanor.
- Flexible and a team player.
- Customer Service focused with a sincere desire to create a memorable guest experience.
- Self-motivated and professional with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with clients, management, peers, and subordinates.
- Computer proficiency in basic database management, MS Office, (Word, Excel), Internet, RMS.
- Weekends, Holidays and some evenings required.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- TIPS certified or certification within 90 days of employment.
- CA Food Handlers certification required.