Oregon Tasting Room Associate
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
60% Sales and Service:
• Create a memorable experience for all guests who enter the property through a high standard of customer service.
• Manage high volume wine and merchandise transactions
• Build relationships guests to maximize the sale of wine, merchandise and winery tours and experiences.
• Create opportunities to sell other events, services and experiences offered on the property.
• Provide guests with the background information on our wines, merchandise and the history of Domaine de Broglie and The Family Coppola.
• Present to our guests the benefits of our club programs and contribute to the growth of the wine club.
• Serve wine to guest in accordance with company policy and OLCC regulations.
20% Daily Operations:
• Ensure smooth daily operations; including effective and appropriate communication, successfully managing traffic flow throughout the day and overseeing that guests are being engaged and entertained.
• Perform opening and closing duties.
• Work as a team with other associates to reach daily and monthly sales targets.
• Conduct various levels of tours. May include, but is not limited to, daily public tours, pre-arranged group and/or private tours, sit-down wine tastings or trade/VIP guest experiences. Tours will be based on company tour guide outline.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• One to two years of retail, customer service or tasting room experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Customer Service focused with a sincere desire to create a memorable guest experience.
• Strong sales background.
• Warm, personable demeanor.
• Flexible and a team player.
• Self-motivated and professional with the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Highly organized, accurate and detail oriented.
• Wine knowledge and passion for wine.
• Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with clients, management, peers, and subordinates.
• Computer proficiency in Oulook, basic database management, MS Office, (Word, Excel), Internet, RMS.
• Weekends, Holidays and some evenings required.
• Must be 21 years or older.
• Must provide proof of completion of an in-person or online Alcohol Server Education Class.
• Must provide proof of a temporary OLCC Alcohol Service Permit upon hire and a 5-year OLCC Alcohol Service Permit within 45 days of employment.
• Oregon Food Handlers Card required within 30 days of employment.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-F, Walk-F, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-C, Reaching Outward-C, Reaching Above Shoulder-F, Climb-O, Crawl-N, Squat or Kneel-O, Bend-F, Working at the Computer-F
Lift/Carry Push/Pull Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less F 12 lbs or Less O Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs F 13 lbs to 25 lbs F Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs F 26 lbs to 40 lbs F Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs N 41 lbs to 100 lbs O Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Over 100 lbs N Over 100 lbs O
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.