Job Summary: The Family Coppola is a high-energy professional organization committed to inspire and connect all generations with authentic, innovative experiences. This position works with the Director of Food and Beverage and Assistant Restaurant Managers to foster a collaborative company environment built on the pillars of Culture & People, Customers, Creativity, and Strategic planning; as well as our core values of Passion, Embracing Change, Teamwork,
Respect, Integrity, and Innovation.
The Front of House Supervisor is responsible for supervising all aspects of Food and Beverage service at Café Zoetrope, in accordance with company standards and as outlined by the Director, Food & Beverage. The FOH Supervisor oversees the day-to-day and long-range service operations of the restaurant. They possess substantial and extensive F&B knowledge to describe menu items, upsell, manage and train staff in partnership with the Director of Food & Beverage. This individual will set an example for all other employees and will serve as an ambassador for the restaurant and the company.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Supervisors and Leads are fundamentally responsible for ensuring safety in their own departments and to uphold the following safety standards:
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward safety.
- Ensure work is performed in a safe manner and all safety rules, regulations and instructions comply.
- Report and investigate workplace injuries in a timely manner; identifies ways to eliminate risk of reoccurrence; complete audits; conduct monthly safety meetings and trainings; maintain compliance with hazardous materials program; inform/train new employees on specific safety aspects and procedures with the department and location; participate in monthly management safety meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
80% Supervise/Guest Service/Daily Operations:
- Effectively lead the restaurant during their shift to ensure consistent achievement of food and beverage goals including sales, customer service, and customer retention.
- Greet all guests and strive to provide the “ultimate” guest experience for visitors through consistent execution of high-quality service standards.
- Create a positive work environment for team members and guests during each shift.
- Lead each shift by assigning duties to ensure each team member and the overall team are prepared for a successful shift. Ensure the restaurant is ready to operate before commencing service and necessary tasks are completed in preparation for the next incoming shift.
- Successfully oversee opening and closing duties of assigned shifts.
- Conduct Daily Line Up to motivate and inform team members of business updates, incoming special guests, and other information relevant to the day.
- Contribute to team environment by recognizing and reinforcing individual and team accomplishments.
- Manage daily register transactions including reporting and till audits and accurately complete bank deposits.
- Act with integrity, honesty, and knowledge to promote Café Zoetrope and all our Company products.
- Be proficient in every area of the restaurant including serving, bussing, and bartending.
- Promote and maintain cleanliness and organization throughout the restaurant to ensure proper set up and breakdown of Front of House.
- Follow sanitation and safety procedures in accordance with the health department regulations.
- Provide leadership and personal support to team; coach, guide, nurture and develop team members; lead by example.
- Train staff in restaurant policies, department procedures, and job duties based on company standards.
- Drive company focus, maintain company culture, encourage a strong work ethic and foster an environment of trust and respect.
- Communicate and support company policies and decisions in a positive manner.
- Respond to guest concerns and resolve problems to restore and promote good public relations. Handle guest issues/concerns if they arise and report them to Director of Food and Beverage.
- Manage time effectively while meeting all job responsibilities.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Be an example of strong partnership to the kitchen team
- Assist with labor management costs by staffing in accordance to budget plan, anticipating seasonal needs, and labor requirements.
- Follow inventory control procedures and guidelines. Assist and compile monthly inventories. Oversee food and beverage storage areas, ensuring they are consistently stocked, secure, and clean.
- Work with other departments to develop and promote company image and act as an ambassador of Café Zoetrope.
- Create business reports with 100% accuracy.
- Complete tasks and special projects assigned by Director of Food and Beverage
- Guest Expectations - Maintain, monitor and track guest satisfaction based on reviews such as Yelp and respond in accordance to our standards.
- Assist in the development of staff appreciation events and incentive programs.The .
Supervisory Responsibilities: Direct supervision of 3-5 employees.
- Previous restaurant management or leadership experience required.
- Some college preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent or 3 to 5 years F&B experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possess proficient computer skills (PC proficiency; ability to work with Word, Excel, Dinerware, etc.).
- Food Handlers Certification required.
- TIPS Certification or Certified within 90 days of employment.
- Must be 21 years of age or over.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-C, Walk-C, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-C, Reaching Outward-F, Reaching Above Shoulder-F, Climb-O, Crawl-O, Squat or Kneel-F, Bend-F, Working at the Computer-F
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.