Job Summary: Supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of representatives engaged in promoting and selling wine within wholesale distributorships and chain merchandising managers by performing the following duties.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
75% Sales Execution:
- Accompanies representatives on visits to customers to evaluate work performance, ascertain customer problems, and detect market trends.
- Actively pursues opportunities to further the distribution, floor displays, and cold box presence on an individual store level.
- Responsible for managing the wholesale distributor on compliance and maximization of mandatory chain programming.
- Responsible for educating the wholesale distributor on our brand standards, new product introductions, key selling points and monthly objectives.
- The Face of Coppola for all Chain distributor meetings.
- Responsible for the managing the wholesale distributor on distribution and execution of current point of sale materials.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the top 50 store/wine managers by chain in assigned market.
- Listens to wholesale distributor and store/liquor manager complaints and resolve problems to restore and promote good public relations.
- Confers with management and sales personnel to formulate plans for meeting competition and improving sales.
- Represents Company and brands by participating in wine tastings and demos, such as; trade show tastings, in-store demos/tastings, new store/grand openings, etc.
- Assume Chain Headquarter responsibilities for select Northern California chains. Responsibilities include: calling on corporate chain buyers, developing quarterly/yearly chain programing strategy/plans/goals, and all other related aspects of managing sales/depletions/goals.
- Effectively participate in market surveys, recap results, and assist in developing action plans for the assigned market.
- Responsible for tracking, updating and assisting in development of wholesaler incentive programs.
- Responsible for keeping up-to-date with ABC regulations and adhering to established policies and procedures regarding the handling and service of alcoholic beverages.
- Create and implement new channels to generate revenue, such as to-go programs, catering and private culinary experiences.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S. or equivalent from four-year college or technical school; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 1-year distributor/supplier experience in chain merchandising of wine and/or spirits.
- Experienced and knowledgeable of Wholesale Wine Chain business channel;
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong computer skills.
- Type with speed and accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiation and mediation skills.
- Wine knowledge; formal training/certification preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the company’s insurance carrier.
- Ability to travel frequently and have home office space available.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hours per day).
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hours per day).
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hours per day).
Stand-F, Walk-F, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-O, Reaching Outward-O, Reaching Above Shoulder-O, Climb-N, Crawl-N, Squat or Kneel-O, Bend-O, Working at the Computer-F
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is described as a standard office environment.