Dishwasher - Seasonal
Job Summary: Responsible for maintaining a clean dish area and cleaning all china, glass, cooking utensils, pots, pans and service ware. Occasionally may be responsible for food preparation.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Wash and clean all china, glass, utensils, pots and pans using the dishwashing machine or by hand.
- Double check and ensure that each item washed has been washed thoroughly and no debris has been left behind.
- Maintain flexibility and be attentive to any requests that the kitchen or front of the house may have as far as tools and/or supplies needed during service.
- Maintain all utensils and tools in their corresponding areas so that they are readily available for use at all times.
- Maintain the standards of washing, rising and disinfecting of the three sink compartment requirements per the CALCODE.
30% Preparing Food for Cooking:
- Cut and prepare food as needed.
- Contribute to the execution of the prep list.
- Label and date each prepared item in an appropriate container or bag.
- Maintain flexibility and attentiveness to kitchen’s requests during service and have any back up product readily available.
10% Cleanup of Dish and Preparation Area:
- Keep a clean and orderly preparation area.
- Keep a clean and orderly dish station, fully stocked and ready with all necessary tools and detergents.
- High School diploma or GED (General Education Diploma).
- Minimum 6 months’ restaurant experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of safe food handling, preparation procedures, safe handling and precautionary procedures of chemicals, detergents and sanitizers.
- Ability to differentiate the proper application of tools and/or chemicals to all equipment to ensure that there is no permanent damage done.
- Ability to stand and operate equipment in excess of seven (7) hours a day.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- CA Food Handlers Certification required.
- TIPS Certification or Certified within 90 days of employment.
- Basic English speaking and reading skills desired.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-C, Walk-C, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-C, Reaching Outward-C, Reaching Above Shoulder-C Climb-O, Crawl-N, Squat or Kneel-C, Bend-C, Working at the Computer-N
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About The Family Coppola
The Family Coppola encompasses all of the things Francis loves most—cinema, wine, food, resorts and adventure—and embraces quality, authenticity and pleasure as a backbone to each of these vibrant business endeavors.
Our people are driven by the cultural values of respect, integrity, innovation, passion, teamwork, and embracing change. Our employees love working here for our sense of “family” community. We’ve been recognized as one of The Best Places to Work in the North Bay multiple years in a row.