Job Summary: The position provides exceptional support to the Hospitality and DTC operations, enhancing The Family Coppola’s company image and facilitate communication with our guests, vendors and neighbors.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
General Office Duties (30%)
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of caller and forward calls to appropriate personnel.
- Retrieve messages from general voicemail and transfer to appropriate personnel.
- Receive legal and business documents and forward to appropriate personnel.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Composes and prepares confidential correspondence, reports, and other company documents when requested.
- Creates and maintains various company database files.
Administrative Duties (60%)
- Extensive database management, including updating and assisting of customer profiles.
- Enter new club applications and updated information forms.
- Consistently reach out to members via phone and email to assist with resolving expired/declined credit cards, address changes, email changes and general customer profile maintenance.
- Assist the Hospitality and DTC Manager in the execution wine club shipments including processing club payments, making address and credit card changes, and resolving customer service issues.
- Actively promote the sale of our wine, events and property to members.
- Support the club operations following shipment notification, club runs and in times of high volume correspondence with members and troubleshoot order issues/updates for members as needed.
- Prepare general reports for the club at the request of the Hospitality and DTC Manager.
- Initiate, execute, coordinate mailing of bi-weekly Welcome Packet to new members.
- Work in coordination with Senior Manager for eCommerce and Outbound Sales for The Family Coppola to send out mailings for declined credit cards, special promotions and other physical mail projects.
- Compose or transcribe gift messages and notes for orders as requested.
- Assist eCommerce Department on projects and tasks.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
On and Off Property Event Operations (10%)
- Assist as needed with on and off property events.
- Provide exceptional customer service for the guest experience during special events.
- Build relationships with guests that visit the tasting room and hospitality areas of the property.
- Answer inquiries, offer suggestions and provide information regarding our property, special events and local attractions
- Educate and sell guests on our wine and club program.
- Serve wine to guest in accordance with company policy and OLCC regulations.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED required. One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Warm, personable demeanor.
- Flexible and a team player.
- Customer Service focused with a sincere desire to create a memorable guest experience.
- Self-motivated and professional with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Weekends, Holidays and some evenings required.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Wine knowledge and passion for wine preferred
- Computer proficiency, basic database management, MS Office, (Outlook, Word, Excel), and Internet.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Must provide proof of completion of an in-person or online Alcohol Server Education Class.
- Must provide proof of a temporary OLCC Alcohol Service Permit upon hire and a 5-year OLCC Alcohol Service Permit within 45 days of employment.
- Oregon Food Handlers Card required within 30 days of employment.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-F, Walk-F, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-C, Reaching Outward-C, Reaching Above Shoulder-F, Climb-O, Crawl-N, Squat or Kneel-O, Bend-F, Working at the Computer-F
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.