We are looking for a server who will be responsible for providing exceptional service to our guests. This individual must be able to work well under pressure, uphold professional standards of excellence and set an example to all other employees at all times. This position does require an applicant with a flexible schedule, able to work morning and afternoon shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or People Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet guests promptly and warmly.
- Anticipate business levels, and perform accordingly.
- Set the example of excellence in standards to other staff at all times.
- Use guest names wherever possible, and be aware if they are celebrating a special occasion.
- Promote the restaurants, wines, tasting room, wine club and know about upcoming events on property.
- Ensure the Front-of-House looks presentable to the guest.
- Describe the selection of food and beverage menu items to guests by offering interesting, and vivid descriptions to drive sales.
- Provide each item’s taste, origin, and preparation methods.
- Provide wine presentations and recommendations including Coppola Wines.
- Communicate guest orders including special dietary needs, allergies or requests to the respective people.
- Place order and collaborate with the kitchen through POS system at time of order, and verbalize to maximize the guest satisfaction.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up details.
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and beverages.
- Anticipate and fulfill guest needs and requests.
- Ensure prompt and courteous attention to guest needs while providing superb overall guest support.
- Engage with and influence the guest experience.
- Serve large parties efficiently.
- Consistently exceed sales expectations by looking for opportunities to upsell.
- Acquire loyal guests and receive outstanding reviews.
- Maintain composed, professional and calm demeanor at all times.
- Communicate with service staff and managers about guest needs.
- Informs management of guests who are unhappy with the service as quickly as possible.
- Take the lead in any guest issues that may arise during your shift and communicate these to your manager/supervisor immediately.
- Thank guests when they are departing, and invite them back.
- Look for ways to improve service, streamline the efficiency and maximize revenue possibilities.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Be knowledgeable about the menu, and all ingredients.
- Responsible to maintain cleanliness and order throughout café dining areas and pool deck, specifically guest tables.
- Work together with kitchen staff to ensure food is expedited quickly and correctly.
- Perform opening and closing duties.
- Complete all side-work as directed.
- Communicate all essential operation information to your service personnel.
- Prepare checks accurately with appropriate discounts if applicable and collect payment.
- Follow all Restaurant Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsibly for keeping all payroll paperwork current on a daily basis.
- Attend line ups and be aware of other promotions and events that are going on at the winery.
- Be on time, and on the correct day.
- Arrive in uniform and in accordance with established grooming standards.
- Arrive ready to work.
- Seek ways to go above and beyond to enhance the guest experience.
- Be aware of what is happening across the property, read all memos and company monthly newsletters.
- Expect the unexpected!
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A.
- High School diploma or GED (General Education Diploma).
- Restaurant service experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in high paced work environment.
- Ability to focus for an entire shift.
- Trouble shooting and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to stand and operate equipment in excess of seven (7) hours a day.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in high temperatures.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- CA Food Handlers Certification required.
- TIPS Certification or Certified within 90 Days of Employment.
- Seasonal position works April through October Only.
- Must be 21 years old
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-C, Walk-C, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-F, Reaching Outward-C, Reaching Above Shoulder-F Climb-O, Crawl-O, Squat or Kneel-F, Bend-F, Working at the Computer-N
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.