Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Sales and Service:
- Set the standards on the floor for the team.
- Create a memorable experience for all guests who enter the property.
- Build relationships with guests at the bar, in the retail area and at guest services.
- Educate guests on wine, winemaking techniques, and wine history.
- Be consistently professional in all of your communication; verbal, written and non-verbal.
- Host a high volume of guests when needed.
- Ensure smooth operations of daily operations; including effective and appropriate communication, successfully managing traffic flow throughout the day and overseeing that guests are being engaged and entertained.
- Perform opening and closing duties.
- Work as a team with other associates to reach set daily and monthly sales targets.
- Assist management in coordinating breaks.
- Open and close registers when needed.
- Assist in inventory.
- Responsible for assisting in training new team members.
- Assist team members behind the bar.
- Conduct various levels of experiences. May include, but is not limited to, daily public tours, pre-arranged group and/or private tours, sit-down wine tastings or trade/VIP guest experiences. Tours will be based on company tour guide outline.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Wine knowledge and passion for wine.
- Strong sales background.
- Warm, personable demeanor.
- Flexible and a team player.
- Customer Service focused with a sincere desire to create a memorable guest experience.
- Self-motivated and professional with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with clients, management, peers, and subordinates.
- Computer proficiency in basic database management, MS Office, (Word, Excel), Internet, RMS.
- Weekends, Holidays and some evenings required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- TIPS certified or certification within 90 days of employment.
- Food Handlers certification required.